Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp XL Capacitive Footswitches

57strat

Hi all,

I just took delivery of brand new Stomp XL and successfully updated to 3.60 firmware. As a Pod Go user I'm starting to find my way around on this new hardware, but I discovered that none of the footswitches work by merely touching them. I've changed the Global Footswitch settings to: Press, Touch, Both, and Off. In any of these modes the capacitive feature doesn't seem to be working, I wouldn't expect it to in Off though. I've done factory reset action twice with no change. Any ideas from more learned users on what could be going on? Maybe I have the wrong idea of what this feature is supposed to do and how it is supposed to work. I'm hoping I don't have a defective unit right off the bat here. Your help is most welcome. Thanks....Dan

On 7/20/2023 at 8:28 PM, 57strat said:

Maybe I have the wrong idea of what this feature is supposed to do and how it is supposed to work. I'm hoping I don't have a defective unit right off the bat here.

Hi,

As a new user, you might want to familiarise yourself with various options available on your new toy by downloading and reading through this.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f21c86112a483099fb/application/pdf/HX Stomp XL Owner's Manual - Rev B - English .pdf

Check page 58 for Global Settings > Footswitches

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Hi,

Yes, I read the entire manual before placing the order, and then re-read when I came across this problem just in case I missed anything. Maybe I'm misunderstanding though. When I select "Press" in the Global Settings switch section the selected effects toggle on/off when in Stomp Mode which is how they work on my Pod Go. When I change it to "Touch" and then save nothing happens when i just "touch" the switches. 

On 7/21/2023 at 12:56 AM, 57strat said:

Hi,

Yes, I read the entire manual before placing the order, and then re-read when I came across this problem just in case I missed anything. Maybe I'm misunderstanding though. When I select "Press" in the Global Settings switch section the selected effects toggle on/off when in Stomp Mode which is how they work on my Pod Go. When I change it to "Touch" and then save nothing happens when i just "touch" the switches. 

Enough data to conclude that contacting your dealer and asking for a replacement is due.

On 7/20/2023 at 11:56 PM, 57strat said:

Hi,

Hi,

Hmm… I don’t think this is a common occurrence, I don’t recall seeing reports of unresponsive switches. It would appear that you have a defective unit.

Contact your dealer and have it exchanged under warranty, then you can really enjoy your new XL.

Hope this helps/makes sense

Turns out I misunderstood the issue I was having :-) After reading the comments here and doing further research on the internet, I came to realize that the capacitive switches function in Edit Mode (via pressing View button), but not in Stomp/Play Mode. Funny how very little info is in the manual on this. Anyway, it was user error on my part. I think my Stomp XL is working correctly, and yay I don't have to send it back after all. Thanks for the help folks :-) Haven't had much time with the XL yet but so far I'm really liking it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1