Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

changing 1 parameter for 1 block -> changes parameter for all presets ?!

vincentm77

Hi everyone,

I use a particular block (e.g. "Optical trem") in many presets.

I wish that, when I change a parameter (e.g. Speed) for that block in one preset , the change would be replicated in all other presets.

Right now, if I found a better setting for my block ("Optical Trem"), I have to change the parameter(s) in all presets by hand, which is super cumbersome...

Any idea ?

Thanks

Vincent

On 7/23/2023 at 1:24 PM, vincentm77 said:

Right now, if I found a better setting for my block ("Optical Trem"), I have to change the parameter(s) in all presets by hand, which is super cumbersome...

Hi,

Well, for something like this where you have a particular setting that you would like to use every time you load that block, then Favorites is the way to go.

Obviously, this is only any good for when you create new presets, and want to use that specific effect. For all the presets that use that effect, but are already in your Setlists, then copy and paste the block to replace them is the only way to go AFAIK. In your example you say, "change the speed" so that it happens on every instance of that block in your Helix. Not really a good idea to make a Global change, if you later realise that there are some instances that you really didn't want to change.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

One forum member here has been pushing for something he calls "global blocks" which would allow this to happen. However, even if it did exist you would have to use it sparingly... and I doubt a tremolo would be it's best usefulness. Think about it... if every change made on every block snowballed into every preset the entire purpose of a preset would become pointless. 

If I find a new setting I would prefer to use... I approach it the way @datacommandomentions above. I save it as a favorite, then just go replace the block in each preset with the new "favorite".  

• Upvote 1

I know what you are asking for does not exist. The "Favorite" suggestion is the best way to do what you want. Create a favorite and replace it everytime you change parameters. Kind of a pain but the only way i can think of at the moment.