Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cannot Reach Servers

d_sic3

Here we go again.  Got this error when I tried to update to the latest firmware.  I also got this error way back 3 years ago and I thought this has been fixed.  I am connected to the internet, logged in to my account on all browsers I have in my computer, tried to log in and do the same steps on my other computer - yet I still got the error.

Laptops used: Dell ultrabooks, Windows 10

I am definitely connected to the internet.

Your help is very much appreciated.

image.png

• Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 10:43 AM, d_sic3 said:

Here we go again.  Got this error when I tried to update to the latest firmware.  I also got this error way back 3 years ago and I thought this has been fixed.  I am connected to the internet, logged in to my account on all browsers I have in my computer, tried to log in and do the same steps on my other computer - yet I still got the error.

Laptops used: Dell ultrabooks, Windows 10

I am definitely connected to the internet.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Hi,

You didn’t mention what version of the Firmware you are trying to update from?

Anyhow, if you’re trying to update to v.3.60 using a version of HX Edit 3.0, or earlier, you need to update your HX Edit to the latest version.

See the Firmware 3.60 Release Notes here - (also linked from the Firmware download page).

EDIT: This is quite old now, but the instructions are still valid.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Edited by datacommando
Added 2nd link
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey, It's an old firmware foro the stomp (3.15) and I also installed the newer version of the HX Edit beforehand.

I'll try to uninstall everything and do it all over again.

Edit: Uninstall + Registry deletion > Reinstall did not work.

It's also the same on my HX Effects.

image.png

On 10/19/2023 at 2:18 PM, d_sic3 said:

Hey, It's an old firmware foro the stomp (3.15) and I also installed the newer version of the HX Edit beforehand.

I'll try to uninstall everything and do it all over again.

Edit: Uninstall + Registry deletion > Reinstall did not work.

It's also the same on my HX Effects.

Hi, again,

O.K. as you stated in your original post - "Here we go again".

This “walk through” fix it solution (see below) was put together almost a year ago, but the technique is the same for any failed update. Why this "fix it" was never pinned to the first page is beyond me - but hey - here ya go!

A couple of things to remember while following the instructions - any reference to Firmware, HX Edit and Updater version numbers need to be the very latest available. 

NOTE: You may want to read the current 3.60 Release Notes before commencing the update. Remember - DON’T PANIC!

• Like 1

Thank you!  Problem solved via manual update.  I wonder what could be the issue in the HX Edit.

Question, is it fine to load/import the setlist rather than restore from backup?  Stupid me I did not do the backup I only exported the setlist thinking that was a backup.

• Upvote 1

On 10/19/2023 at 4:00 PM, d_sic3 said:

But apart from those anything I need to be aware of?

Hi,

You will notice that when you restart your HX Stomp/ HXFX it will go through a "Rebuilding Presets" routine. This is normal, as there was another update in the Helix Core engine at v.3.50, and it brings all your presets into line with the current operating system. The "Rebuilding Presets" will occur every time you add any preset created with an earlier version of the firmware, it's just general "housekeeping" for the hardware unit and to be expected.

Glad you managed to fix the issue.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 6:32 PM, brue58ski said:

Maybe the new update is coming...Yeah I know. But we can still dream.

You should know better than to dream. You follow the stuff on TGP and there is no indication from DI (other than Soon!), and Frank has not posted any control tower messages for a long, long time. :-)

On 10/19/2023 at 11:19 PM, datacommando said:

Hi,

You will notice that when you restart your HX Stomp/ HXFX it will go through a "Rebuilding Presets" routine. This is normal, as there was another update in the Helix Core engine at v.3.50, and it brings all your presets into line with the current operating system. The "Rebuilding Presets" will occur every time you add any preset created with an earlier version of the firmware, it's just general "housekeeping" for the hardware unit and to be expected.

Glad you managed to fix the issue.

Thank you for this!

• Thanks 1