Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Edit Setlist with corrupted presets and plectrum symbol at the end

Smashcraaft

Hi. Today I noticed a strange symbol and behaviour in HX Edit for the first time.
After a backup a plectrum symbol appeared at the end of one of my user setlists (screenshot attached).

After restoring this backup, instead of f.e. "034 ENGL 2.2 + plectrum" there appeared "034 New Preset" with a complete empty path.

To restore the 032 to 042 I had to go back 3 backups and almost 2 weeks back until the presets were listed correctly again and provided with the correct path content. Anyone ever seen these plectrum of death or have any info on them?

helix edit - setlist - plek at end.png

• Smashcraaft changed the title to HX Edit Setlist with corrupted presets and plectrum symbol at the end
On 12/20/2023 at 9:16 PM, Smashcraaft said:

Anyone ever seen these plectrum of death or have any info on them?

Hi,

It’s not new, it has been around for quite some time. The yellow plectrum icon usually indicates a preset that is linked to the Line 6 Marketplace.

Check this link 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I just had this happen on my Helix LT for the first time in 4 years.  For me, all of a sudden I had several "New Preset" presets showing with that sign.  Also I had issues saving a preset--after the power cycle the preset would not load and appear as corrupted.  The only thing I did differently than before is I had restored several presets from CustomTone...some of them were for a newer Helix version than what I have right now: 3.11.  When I tried out those presets, it said "could not load IR".  That caused the issue to appear it seems. 

To solve this:

I took a full backup of my Helix, then did factory reset and then restore from the full backup.  This issue went away.  I have a feeling that just doing a restore would have fixed it as well, but a reset was done prophylactically.  So try this out, and it should be resolved.  Otherwise, it could be a hardware issue. 

Helix's firmware is very complex, and nobody at Line 6 can guarantee that all the different versions are completely compatible.  Some new setting can get introduced, some new parameters are now different and then.... ERROR.

• Upvote 1

It happened all of a sudden and without any import or changes other than some block parameters or adding a snapshot within a preset.
Even the setlist was not touched. I do backups nearly every time I work with HX Edit and keep backup-files over month so nothing is in danger here.

But it would be fine to help L6 to find possible causes for the issue.

• 6 months later...
On 7/13/2024 at 1:47 PM, johnmcchavs said:

It just happened to me. …

Please describe exactly what ’it’ is. Remember - the plectrum appears normally with licensed (purchased) presets from Line 6 Marketplace. I believe this persists seven if you edit/save the preset; its origin remains tagged.  

• Upvote 1