Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Floor FX Loops stopped working firmware 3.71.0

DaJuice007

I have a Helix Floor with FW 3.71.0 and HX Edit 3.70, I have been running these since release with no issue. Yesterday I booted the Helix and all the FX loop blocks stopped working, nothing changed from the previous day. As a test I used a known working guitar cable and just patched send and receive together, still no signal when the block is enabled, I can see signal meter to the receive input. Also tried reinstalling the 3.71.0 firmware but no luck. Anyone else ever seen this?

On 2/24/2024 at 5:55 PM, DaJuice007 said:

I have a Helix Floor with FW 3.71.0 and HX Edit 3.70, I have been running these since release with no issue. Yesterday I booted the Helix and all the FX loop blocks stopped working, nothing changed from the previous day. As a test I used a known working guitar cable and just patched send and receive together, still no signal when the block is enabled, I can see signal meter to the receive input. Also tried reinstalling the 3.71.0 firmware but no luck. Anyone else ever seen this?

Hi,

I have a Helix Floor running FW 3.71, and have a Mooer DTP Ocean Machine patched into a stereo FX loop without any of the issues you say you are experiencing. I also patch in various other stereo/mono external ancillary gear - various loopers, Yamaha SPX90, Ibanez DM1000 delay, Zoom MS 70CDR, or Nomad Axxeman for example - all function normally and as expected.

Generally, I would suggest a Factory Reset, but you said that you have reinstalled the latest firmware, therefore I would guess this is possibly a hardware issue. If that is the case you need to contact Customer Support, as this is only a user group.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• 6 months later...

Is this a hardware issue?  Can you elaborate what exactly happened? 

For example, if you create a simple preset from scratch, does it work as expected?  Maybe your changed the signal level of your effects loop somehow?  check the global settings. 

On 9/24/2024 at 9:33 PM, theElevators said:

For example, if you create a simple preset from scratch, does it work as expected?  Maybe your changed the signal level of your effects loop somehow?  check the global settings. 

I added an FX loop in a few presets for the purpose of placing an eq later in my chain as opposed to the front end, where it would have more effect. The eq is really just to adapt one of my guitars for a few of the songs we play. My entire show is in 8 snapshot mode and controlled via MIDI, so I’m trying to use the eq without having to reinvent the wheel as far as how I’m running my rig, and I just want to be able to kick the pedal on when I use that particular guitar. 

I set this up and have used it successfully on about three shows. At the most recent show (during sound check thank goodness) I realized that every preset where I added the FX loop was silent. Not at the wrong level, but silent. Absolutely nothing had been altered from the previous show, and I am showing signal on the Helix send/return block meter. The input/output is marked and is definitely correctly wired and the same as when it was working. 

While editing presets in the past, I’ve noticed that occasionally after a few changes sometimes whatever reverb block I have on that preset will stop working, despite being “on”. This is obviously a bug, because I can fix by copying the block (to preserve settings), deleting the block, then pasting it back in. It immediately starts working again at that point. It seems the FX block may have a similar bug, but unfortunately not the same fix. 

On 9/24/2024 at 9:33 PM, theElevators said:

Okay, so I have my answer, and it is both embarrassing and infuriating. I’ve always had good luck and good service from Redco in the past, but they have completely dropped the ball on this one. I had them build me a custom slim-line send/return cable for this purpose, and one side of that cable has failed after about three uses. Add to that, it took them over a month and three or four phone inquiries to finally send it. So to answer your question, yes it is a hardware issue, just nothing to do with Helix. The reverb problem is still a thing though. 

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2024 at 11:10 PM, steveheroan said:

Okay, so I have my answer, and it is both embarrassing and infuriating. I’ve always had good luck and good service from Redco in the past, but they have completely dropped the ball on this one. I had them build me a custom slim-line send/return cable for this purpose, and one side of that cable has failed after about three uses. Add to that, it took them over a month and three or four phone inquiries to finally send it. So to answer your question, yes it is a hardware issue, just nothing to do with Helix. The reverb problem is still a thing though. 

I think this is the first case of 3rd party user error I've ever seen...;)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1