Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Update 3.71

MIHMark

Since I've updated the helix is acting weird, not saving changes to patches etc. Anyone else having issues? Also having issues of getting in and out of snapshot mode.....Very frustrating. I back to using my Firehawk for gigs.

On 10/26/2024 at 8:45 PM, MIHMark said:

Since I've updated the helix is acting weird, not saving changes to patches etc. Anyone else having issues? Also having issues of getting in and out of snapshot mode.....Very frustrating. I back to using my Firehawk for gigs.

Hi,

When weird stuff starts to happen the usual first thing to try is to perform a factory reset.

On the download page for firmware v3.71 it specifically put a link to follow for the full release notes. It’s always a good idea to read the release notes to avoid unexpected consequences of performing an update, rather than working blindly.

Within the Release Notes in the section headed - Updating Helix/HX Hardware (Except For HX One), at point number 3 there are several bullet points explaining the reset procedure for various HX devices. Also point 5 states that you should Restore from your Backup which you should have made prior to attempting to update.

There is a further link to follow should you run into trouble.

Hope this helps/makes sense.