Sign in to follow this  
JHop19

Hd500 Amp Knobs - How Do They Work?

I am in the process of buying an HD500, have question before I do that though. The physical (drive, bass, presence, master, etc...) all control the amp of the individual preset that you have (I believe). When you are editing an amp in your preset, do you change these parameters for the preset or do the knobs apply to every amp within every preset?

Example, preset 1 uses amp A with the physical bass knob at +6. Will preset 2 with amp B also have the bass set to +6? And when it's changed to +4, will that also affect all the other amps within presets?

Thanks in advance!

The settings are preset-specific. Only the amp in the current preset is affected when you change settings. When you select a different preset, the stored settings for that preset are effective; the physical position of the knobs at that point are ignored. The new settings will change only if/when you move the knob again.

Yes, and to add to that; The changes only remain after you leave the preset if you actively save them. Otherwise they will return to whatever the knobs were set at when you come back to that preset.

As others have said...everything is patch-specific. If the controls were global, it would be an unworkable nightmare. You'd never be able to dial in a useful tone without ruining eveything else.

• Upvote 1

To my knowledge there is one exception: The master volume is global and not preset specific

Yes, the master volume is an actual analog potentiometer. All of the other knobs are digital encoders.