These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Toneport GX not recognised by my MAC :(
by markg5150 on 2009-08-29 09:40:29

Hi

I've just bought a Toneport GX, installed Gearbox and Monkey and then connected the GX by USB to my Mac. I'm running Snow Leopard and have installed the new 4.2.4 driver

I have a red light on the top of the GX. When I open Monkey it doesn't detect the device and gives me a option to select device to connect - the only option is a POD xt

Please help, what should I do??

Mark

Re: Toneport GX not recognised by my MAC :(
by markg5150 on 2009-08-29 11:33:35

ok, I've tried on a PC running Vista and the Toneport GX connects no problem

I've re-installed the latest version of Monkey on the Mac. I can now choose "Toneport GX" from the drop down to select a device but it won't connect. Still have a solid red light on top of the device

HELP!!

by cmashcroft on 2009-08-29 14:50:43

As per other threads and the "Snow Leopard Group" which seems a bit hard to find somewhere on these support pages, Snow Leopard does not support Pod Farm....yet.

No-one knows when/if/how etc.  Just a case of waiting.  And yes, it is rediculous!  But seemingly unavoidable

by markg5150 on 2009-08-29 17:25:39

OK, I've rolled back to Leopard and have 4.2.4 driver. 3,7 GearBox and 1.3 Monkey installed. Still can't get a green light on the Toneport GX. All I get is a solid red light.

Any ideas?

by Line6Hugo on 2009-09-01 16:27:39

Mark,

Please check out the following link concerning Line 6 supporting OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard:

http://line6.com/community/click.jspa?searchID=190734&objectType=102&objectID=1576

We can support you now that you have rolled back to Leopard, though.

Please disconnect all other USB devices (except for a mouse and keyboard) while troubleshooting this issue. Completely remove any USB hubs, even if not in use, and test the GX on all of your computer's USB ports.

Completely uninstall, then, re-install all Line 6 software if the above still gives your trouble.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by markg5150 on 2009-09-02 06:36:05

Tried all that, didn't work. I took it back to the shop for a refund as must be faulty

by profe on 2012-08-24 05:04:45

I've tried to install Line6 GX on a MacBook Pro Retina with OS X 10.8

The green light on top is on, and i've checked that the system reports the GX device as connected to the USB 3.0 port. Anyway, Line 6 Monkey show the caption "No devices detected".

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.