These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: BackTrack / MIDI Mobilizer

Since IOS 4.2 - Midi Mobilizer No Longer Functional
by sirwildbill on 2010-11-25 08:35:53

Hello,

I recently updated my iPhone 3gs to ios 4.2.  Since then, my Line 6 Midi Mobilizer no longer works. I use it primarily with Nanostudio and NLog Synth.  In NanoStudio, I see that it sees my Midi Mobilizer, (active led is on) but when I hit a few notes on my Midi keyboard, nothing happens (no activity on Midi led).

I ran the Line 6 Midi Memo Recorder, it said that there was a firmware update, which I did, but to no avail. 

What do I do?

wb

RE: Since IOS 4.2 - Midi Mobilizer No Longer Functional
by ricksox on 2010-12-07 11:52:09

Hello,

Are you using the free versions of these synth apps?

We can reproduce this issue in house with the free versions of these apps but not with the paid versions.

Line6Miller

Re: RE: Since IOS 4.2 - Midi Mobilizer No Longer Functional FIXED
by petitune on 2010-12-07 16:15:28

CORRECTION to first post quoted below. The firmware upgrade (which was offered some time after starting the app) has cured this problem.

>>  I'm having the same issue. Just bought the Mobilizer. Plugged it into a MIDI keyboard. I can see the activity light on the Mobilizer go solid as I play, so it's getting data. But all apps, including the Memo app, don't see the data. Nanostudio sees the device, but no activity. All my app versions are paid versions. IOS 4.2. Help! <<

Re: RE: Since IOS 4.2 - Midi Mobilizer No Longer Functional FIXED
by sirwildbill on 2010-12-08 04:40:37

Well, my situation changed quite a bit recently.

My 3GS took an unfotunate trip through the washing machine and I had to go get a new iPhone.  On my iPhone 4, I have had none of these troubles, it's been working beautifully.  For the record or for others, I was not using the free versions and the problem continued after I did the firmware update.

Thanks for the help.

RE: Since IOS 4.2 - Midi Mobilizer No Longer Functional
by ricksox on 2010-12-15 09:39:07

Hello,

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about your iPhone!

We'll continue to monitor closely and look out for others that may run into this. We could only reproduce similar issues on some of these free versions but that's expected behavior.

Line6Miller

Re: RE: Since IOS 4.2 - Midi Mobilizer No Longer Functional
by EricM95 on 2011-01-08 11:46:42

Hello,

I've just received my midi mobilizer and connected it to my iPad iOS4 and my Yamaha PSR 740, as explained in the notice, but no input even with midi memo recorder, neither the paid version of NLog Pro.

I bought also iMS 20 and hope it will be compatible soon with MM. But my priority is to make sure that my MM works.

I found a video on you tube, showing that the interface with yamaha keyboards is possible.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: RE: Since IOS 4.2 - Midi Mobilizer No Longer Functional
by EricM95 on 2011-01-10 10:38:46

I applied an advice found on another discussion and plugged my MM on a electrical piano (different midi device). The result is that everything works well and I could use my NLog.

My problem comes from my PSR-740 that has to be configured and will solve it independantly.

My request regarding iMS20 is still valid and hope that it will work soon with MM and my iPad.

Thanks anyway for having read my request.

Sorry, but now, I have to play with my new toy !

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.