These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD Desktop... no volume?
by aarongtr18 on 2012-08-22 16:41:51

Hello, I'm a guitarist inexperienced with Line 6 products, but I received a POD HD Desktop (bean) for my birthday today. I downloaded all of the necessary software to run it (the driver, HD Edit, Monkey) and I'm not hearing any volume at all. I've plugged my guitar in and have the volume  up on my guitar and on the POD itself (as well as the master volume). I've tried plugging my headphones in to the bean with the bean set as the playback softward but I'm not hearing anything. I plugged the USB cable that came with the bean into my computer and set my speakers as the playback software as well, but to no avail. For both options I've had Line 6 set as the recording software, but to no avail. Is there anything I might be missing? Thanks so much in advance!

Re: POD HD Desktop... no volume?
by TheRealZap on 2012-08-22 17:35:24

you HAVE to have the speakers plugged into the pod hd, when using it with your computer...

but you should have heard it when you had the headphones plugged in... which output mode are you using on the pod?

Re: POD HD Desktop... no volume?
by aarongtr18 on 2012-08-22 18:23:28

I'm using Studio/Direct I think... I plugged my headphones in but I don't have anything plugged in to the left or right outputs. And I didn't know that about the speakers, thank you for telling me. However, I'm still not getting any volume from the headphones.

EDIT: I've gotten everything to work. Thank you for your help!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.