Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax always turns on when changing patch in HD500 Edit

Hi,

I have a problem that I don't understand:

I always use the VDI Cable to power the Variax without using the battery. When working in HD500 Edit and change patches the Variax always turns on. I mean I'm working on a patch using the real pickups with the variax modelling turned off. As soon as I change to another patche the variax modelling turns on automaticly. This happens even if in the input sources only guitar is selected.

I could understand when "Variax" was selected but it happens on all sources.

Is there a way to turn off that behavoir or is it a bug or worse something wrong with my variax?

Thanks for your help

Hi,

I have a problem that I don't understand:

I always use the VDI Cable to power the Variax without using the battery. When working in HD500 Edit and change patches the Variax always turns on. I mean I'm working on a patch using the real pickups with the variax modelling turned off. As soon as I change to another patche the variax modelling turns on automaticly. This happens even if in the input sources only guitar is selected.

I could understand when "Variax" was selected but it happens on all sources.

Is there a way to turn off that behavoir or is it a bug or worse something wrong with my variax?

Thanks for your help

If a patch is initially saved with modeling on and "variax control" set to "preset", then every time you return to that patch it will revert to whatever model was saved.

You have 2 options:

1) Set up different patches for mags and models. This is what I do, and I find it easier. If I want to switch patches and models, (or switch from models to mags along with a patch change) simulataneously, I'd rather do it with one click.

Or

2) Set variax control to "global", and then you control everything from the guitar, and no matter what patch is selected, the guitar dictates whether modeling or mags are in use. If you tend to stay with one model, or mags for an entire tune, then this will probably suit you better.

Pros and cons to each approach...just depeneds on what you prefer.

• Upvote 4

• 3 months later...

there also is a 3rd option available, as foll (variax control=preset):

- always save preset with models on; each time u load the preset, model will b activated..

- if u wanna change from model 2 mags but within the same preset, just press the jtv model selector off.

- if u wanna return back 2 model always within the same patch, just reload patch by pressing corresponding FS.

• Upvote 2