Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Lag when using Firehawk FX as USB input to Logic Pro X 10.2.0

Hi all,

I just started using my Firehawk FX (which I am loving btw) as aUSB audio input to Logic Pro X v10.2.0. All works beautifully for a while but every so often a huge lag of several seconds is introduced making it totally unusable. It is like a 100% wet delay effect with a 1 or 2 second delay time is being switched on so I basically hear nothing as I play until a couple of seconds later.

I have been able to get rid of it through some combination of switching input devices, turning core audio on and off, etc. This happens intermittently but I never get through more than 5 minutes without it happening so it renders the configuration useless.

Anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

It sounds like you're probably monitoring through your computer speakers or something else other than the Firehawk. If you use the Firehawk as your output device as well as input, you should have no latency. You need to either monitor the Firehawk through headphones connected to it or connect your speakers to the Firehawk's analog outs.

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think that is the case. We are not talking about a delay on the order of milliseconds that might be caused by the sort of latency you are talking about. It is several full seconds in duration. As in, play the entire first line of Sunshine of Your Love, for example, while hearing nothing and then have the whole line play back once you have stopped playing. It is not about syncing up with the other tracks. Not being able to hear what you played until several seconds after you have stopped playing makes it pretty much useless in this context so I am hoping that I am missing something or there is a known bug that can be fixed by x... You know. :)

Steve

• 7 months later...

I can not believe there is no response to this... I have the same thing when recording from the USB... it will be working for a while then a small pop, and then the guitar is delayed by a full second (ironically the bluetooth audio from my iPhone is not interrupted at all.. just the guitar suddenly is delayed horribly...