Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Well, it's September finally - ETA?

Nimbas

I ordered mine in June with 36 mo no interest from Sweetwater.  No better deal out there.  My rep says end September, beginning October for delivery as of yesterday.  I suspect there were a LOT of pre-orders and some folks just won't get the first batch...

Sweetwater doesn't charge me anything until what I ordered actually ships.

They will do it either way. I told them just to charge me so it was out of my account. I talked to my rep again today. He told me that they are getting a small shipment in the end of September and they should ship the first week of October. A much larger shipment is arriving the end of October shipping to customers early November.

• Upvote 1

I ordered mine in June with 36 mo no interest from Sweetwater.  No better deal out there.  My rep says end September, beginning October for delivery as of yesterday.  I suspect there were a LOT of pre-orders and some folks just won't get the first batch...

Yeah, June preorder for me too, expecting first batch. Hearing same thing. And what's with this talk about being mad about "delays"? We don't have much to do until we get 'em but opine, so opine we shall. Mad? Naw... I told myself "Sometime in October" back in June, and so far, I haven't disappointed myself.

• Upvote 1

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/line6-helix.1586637/page-389

My gut says Helix is already here in USA - but wont be available until another round of final firmware consolidation / optimization is completed to improve the Helix patch switching time to make it faster- or is close enough for rock & roll

Line-6 Digital Igloo wrote>

Already mentioned that Helices are indeed sitting in Newark, CA and Amsterdam, NL warehouses waiting for 1.00 firmware. Still no official numbers—and there probably won't be, as switching time is highly contingent on preset complexity; if you switch from a preset with 32 effects and 64 controller assignments to another preset with 32 different effects and 64 different controller assignments, you'll likely notice a small lag. If you switch from a normal preset to another normal preset, switching should be very fast. If one's really sensitive to that sort of thing, it's easy to build more than one tone within the same preset and assign a Split > A/B parameter to a footswitch, with or without shared spillover delays and reverbs. Just built a template for that last night.

I interpret 

" I got some good news 10 minutes ago"

as

"The Helix Firmware engineers think they might be ready with the official "1.00" release candidate"

Line-6 Digital Igloo wrote>

Let's just say I'm trying to get as much done as possible before flying to Kona {vacation} on Thursday.

Of course, this is the MI industry; anything can—and does—happen. But we're pretty confident right now.
  • Upvote 1