Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Updater Won't Connect

agbiggs

I'm using the updater with Helix on Windows 10 (ugh...). Helix is working fine and a fantastic product -- really. But the updater program won't connect me to Line 6, telling me I've got a wrong password. I've logged into my Line 6 account and changed my password to be sure I have things right, but still no luck.

I can work around by downloading firmware manually, but just figured I'd raise this issue.

I'm using the updater with Helix on Windows 10 (ugh...). Helix is working fine and a fantastic product -- really. But the updater program won't connect me to Line 6, telling me I've got a wrong password. I've logged into my Line 6 account and changed my password to be sure I have things right, but still no luck.

I can work around by downloading firmware manually, but just figured I'd raise this issue.

You may have already tried these two suggestions but here goes..  Closely double check your Login as well as your password. If the Login is close but not quite yours and it actually exists on Line6, you might be getting a bad password message back when the issue is actually your login is misspelled. Another potential issue although I doubt it is that the dialog box in the Line6 Updater cannot handle some character in your Line6 password. You could try changing to a password with no funky characters and if it works you can change it to a stronger password afterwards that hopefully avoids the problem characters. 

• 5 months later...

Im having a similar problem with the updater, i keeps telling me invalid login 
I'm on El Capitan V. 10.11.4

I've tried using a different password with no characters . nada. 
can i down load the latest Helix firmware and just install it in offline mode ?

• 1 month later...

I'm using Windows 7 and downloaded the latest updater and Helix software ......... I keep getting the message " Updater stopped working" when it's trying to start.

Same thing when I try to start the Helix software. What gives ?

Update: I was able to finally get the Updater working after 5 tries and updated the Helix to the latest software.......however the Helix still will not start. I keep getting the " Helix stopped working" message. I've rebooted and started the computer with the Helix usb on and off. 

• 3 months later...

I just ran into this one myself on OSX El Capitan...  Turns out, while you can get on the website using your e-mail address in the user name field, in the updater (and android app), you have to use your actual user name. When in your personal settings on the website (where you can change your password) it tells you your user name just above your e-mail address....

Hope this helps the next guy.

J

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I just ran into this one myself on OSX El Capitan...  Turns out, while you can get on the website using your e-mail address in the user name field, in the updater (and android app), you have to use your actual user name. When in your personal settings on the website (where you can change your password) it tells you your user name just above your e-mail address....

Hope this helps the next guy.

J

Thank you so much, I was starting to pull my hear from this issue.

Working fine for me on windows 10 man...