Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cool mistake/tip!

RRMark

post-70767-0-66498200-1457662799_thumb.jpg

Normally when I send from path 1a into 2a i set the input block for 2a to none (default?). I noticed that on this preset I had by accident set input for 2a to multi, so I am getting Di guitar added to the processed guitar from 1a. Gives it some roundness and warmth, both going through the IR.

I was moving the IR to the end of 1a and couldn't workout why it sounded brighter. Happy mistake, not quite on a par with discovering penicillin !

• Upvote 1

If you want a little more flexibility with that type of set up, you can insert a send block early in your chain for the DI, and then a return block somewhere else.  Patch the two together and you can choose where it splits and rejoins the processed path.

• Upvote 1

If you want a little more flexibility with that type of set up, you can insert a send block early in your chain for the DI, and then a return block somewhere else.  Patch the two together and you can choose where it splits and rejoins the processed path.

What I really really like about this is that ideas are posted and available in an amazing way.  I am actually reading as much as possible and then I have started and idea note on my computer.  I will try this and it is in the idea notes.

Respects,

Dennis