Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV 69 won't turn on!

I bought this JTV 69 yesterday and I can get it recognised on workbench HD, I have uploaded all to Variax. Battery is fully charged and all the green LEDs come on to show that, but whatever I do, I can only get the natural sound out of it!

I know I am probably being stupid, but how do you turn the damn thing on?!

Thanks

You need to connect a 1/4" cable to "turn it on".

You can't monitor the sound through Workbench though. It's just an editor, there are no amp sims in there, and no output. You gotta plug into something else to evaluate the changes you make.

If this happens again, an easy fix is to pull the knob off, place a little wad of crushed paper in the hollow of the knob, and push the knob back on. This raises the knob on the shaft so that the bottom of the knob no longer rubs against the body of the guitar.

• Upvote 2

If this happens again, an easy fix is to pull the knob off, place a little wad of crushed paper in the hollow of the knob, and push the knob back on. This raises the knob on the shaft so that the bottom of the knob no longer rubs against the body of the guitar.

5 or 6 years in, and we're still fixing new $1000 guitars with little wads of paper and cardboard. Inspiring.

• Upvote 4

• 5 years later...

Thank you your post was most helpful as Just received  a used  Line 6 JTV-59 Variax and after pressing the Knob the guitar selection knob wouldn't turn on. I could update firmware and use Workbench. It was frustrating because the software could see the JTV-59. After reading your post I removed the knob and pressed down and selection light came on and everything worked.

Obviously it had not been checked out from the retailer.  The knob does seem to have a lot of play side to side and the tuning knob does not so will need to inquire about that.

The wad of paper works just fine and I now have a working guitar.