Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix & Archtop ?!

lulu_m

After having my Helix for 6month's now and jammed and recorder so far only with my godin lgxt, I decided to make a patch for my good old Epiphone Emperor AB Archtop. I must confess that I don't play this lady much anymore. The lady is heavy, voluminous and the strings feel like cables. Also, the thick boxy sound is often a p.i.t.a. to have it sit nice in a mix, but Helix did the job remarkably well!! Piece of cake :-)

Just some slight eq after recording (cut away some 500hz boxiness) Helix does some jazz, maybe I should play 'her' more often :-)

https://youtu.be/VhcelgmUXkk

I'm still hunting for what works for me but then I trying to "force the issue" with the guitar I'm using.  It's a custom neck-through semi-hollow and does not naturally sound like a Jazz guitar.  I'm picky too and that doesn't help.  :P

When I want a jazz sound, I gravitate to the Gibson amp. It works really well with my semihollow. It also gives the best jazz tone with my super strat with EMGs. I don't particularly like the Jazz Chorus.

Oh.., have to try that amp, still looking for tweeks ;-) 

I just did a quick patch with the US Double Nrm, switchable to the JC120, but the recording was the US Double Nrm. 

Thanks for the info!

• 5 months later...

I love that sound. What amp did you use or can you provide a patch?

Thanks, Yes of course I will share the patch you can find it here: http://line6.com/customtone/tone/2765441/

It's a switchable patch in between Jazz Rivet 120, and the US Double Nrm, but I used only the US Double Nrm for the recording!