mbarberich

Error 80009000 When Attempting Flash Upgrade or Rollback

I own a JTV69US. I love this guitar but this monkey-business is ridiculous. 

I have version 1.82b. 

Using the supplied cable and tried a standard CAT5 cable.

My guitar is plugged in.

My volume is turned up.

I'm USB plugged into the back of my Mac, not a hub or keyboard. 

Everytime I try to upgrade or rollback the flash I get the error message ...

"Update Failed.

(Code 80009000) Unknown MIDI Error.

Make sure the cables are connected and try the update again."

I've tried it 3 or 4 hundred times. Same error message.

I own a 600 and 700 and have connected them many times (though there are usually some issues.) I've never been able to connect my JTV. 

HELP!

I'm sure you did this, but didn't state it, the battery is charged up and in the guitar, right? You said you had the volume up and plugged in the guitar - I assume you meant plugged a 1/4" cord into the guitar jack (turns on the JTV electronics when on battery and volume turned up).

I CANNOT wait for the Helix team to make it useable for updating and using HD Workbench for the Variax line! You are apparently using the USB interface. I have kept my HD 500 and 500X around for using WB and updating the 300 & 2 JTV's I have. If you have the XTLive, X3Live, or 500, those work for the first generation Variaxes, and JTV's prior to FW 2 and HD WB. 500X ONLY works for updates and HD WB for JTV's and now the Variax Standard. Wondering when they'll get Helix able, and whether they'll address the first generation Vax's....

Dave

Thanks, Dave. Yes, my battery was charged and my 1/4" plugged into an amp. The electronics were on and working.

There seems to be a new wrinkle. After my failed attempts at upgrading, I took it to a gig tonight and there was some weirdness with the volume control. When I turned it all the way up, it wasn't at maximum volume. Then, as I backed it down, it actually got louder before it got lower. I wound up using the magnetics for most of the night.

1.82b,... with that error code,... the main board needs to be replaced by an authorized service center.

It's the only solution for that one, board locked up and is frozen. Log a support ticket in your account.

If anyone in support has any questions, I'm across the hall from them.

cluster,... what model guitar? What is the Flash version? Is it the same error, or just a MIDI time out?

Here's the Knowledge Base on Flash updates on guitars to review, for anyone who needs to refer to it,...

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/guitars/james-tyler-variax-guitars/variax-reflash-and-software-update-instructions-r103

Hi everyone, have a great 2018

I'm getting the same error code 80009000 while trying to rollback. I have a problem with the tuning wheel on my JTV69, when set to standart the tuning is half step down. I have had a similar problem months ago with the actual tuning mismatching the reading on the tuning wheel and it was solved after rolling back firmware to 1.70 and forward to 2.21.

But now I get the 80009000 when attemping the rollback.

Any ideas? Hardware issue? Thanxs

I have the same issue. New JTV 89F. Can't update, can't roll back. 

Update, I switched to the USB interface and it worked. Helix interface did not work. 

I just bought a Line 6 Variax standard and I'm receiving this same error. The odd thing is that the firmware was updating from version 2.21 to 2.22, and it failed with this error. But then when I reconnected everything, it showed me the firmware version as 2.22. 

Do I have a faulty board or am I doing something incorrectly?

Follow the instructions in the Knowledge Base link in the prior post, and do it again.

You probably had a blinking red LED near the end of the process, they both need to be green

through the entire update process to avoid the MIDI Timeout Error.

I've looked at all the suggestions and I keep trying but I keep getting the same code 80009000.

Upgrading was easy with the old models.

I might have to take it to a repairer to get it done. 

They seem to have no problems doing it for some reason.