Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

very annoyed..

shanecgriffo

Jumping on the "pick" bandwagon here...

I ordered one of these last year...

http://plectrum.ch/product/the-original-glass-effect-anvil-plectrum

.. and it's really grown on me. Yes, it's freaking huge, but it feels good in the hand and definitely feels like I'm working less to pick. YYMV

That is a beast of a pick, you could club a baby seal with it! How's the grip on it and the stone ones? My fingers get brutally sweaty and I find if the picks don't have any type of ridging I start to lose control as they slip between my fingers.

Right now I've been primarily using the Dava grip picks which work great but I chew through them pretty quickly and at $8 for a pack of 5 it starts to add up quickly. I also tried the Gravity picks which have been nice and durable but they just don't seem to gel with me and I'm still having the gripping issue.

Wow. How in the world do you do harmonics with that thing?

Pick/Pinch harmonics with it are quite easy. I just change the angle of the pick as I would with a smaller one.

That is a beast of a pick, you could club a baby seal with it! How's the grip on it and the stone ones? My fingers get brutally sweaty and I find if the picks don't have any type of ridging I start to lose control as they slip between my fingers.

It can get a bit slippery, but most of the time it's OK. If I had to order one again, I would probably get it with the "satin" finish as they say it gives a better grip. I may at some-point break out the sandpaper and rough it up a a bit. But the "glass effect" sure is pretty... until of course you drop it on a dark stage ;)

My gosh to me that is just abysmal. No offense, to each their own, however, I would destroy strings with the way I pick. Give me my Tortex III .60's and I am blissfully happy. I could never get pick harmonics with that thing for sure. I had a friend that loved those custom stone picks. I tried it one day and it certainly felt like a rock although it was perty! (southern drawl', misspelling intended).

I imagine if you learn to play with this beast you could use anything but I have no desire to try. Good luck though!