nbiglin

Helix LT Audio In to Jam With

I know the Helix LT doesn't have an Aux In to plug in a media player like the regular Helix or my old Pod HD500X. I love using my Pod as a practice unit, jamming over tracks I know when I plug my cell phone into it.

Is there any other creative way to make audio go through a Helix LT, or do I have to spend another $500 for the regular Helix just to get that functionality?

iPhone/iPad connected to USB with a Lightning/USB adapter works. Audio will come through on USB in 1/2, and you can adjust volume in Global Settings. Also a PC/Mac connected to USB does the same, but you don't need Lighting adapter obviously. 

ive used an rca cable with the headphone jack on one side. Run that into the return inputs and set path 2 as return 1/2. works great

ive used an rca cable with the headphone jack on one side. Run that into the return inputs and set path 2 as return 1/2. works great

yes, this works !!!!!!!!

Does that only bring in one side of the audio, or does it bring in both sides?

If you go through USB, you don't have to use one of your signal paths up. 

If you're brining in Analog Stereo from a cell phone or media player's headphone out jack, you will need to connect to Two (2) of Helix's FX Returns if you want to retain the Stereo signal feed. You'll also need to define the FX Return Blocks in the signal path, or reconfigure the Input Block to use the FX Returns. If you're bringing in Digital Stereo via USB, Helix's FX Returns are not used.

The Full Helix models (Floor and Rack) have Four FX Returns, as well as other I/Os and features not offered in the Helix LT.