Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Add "Setlists" to Helix

HonestOpinion

Posted an Idea to Ideascale to add "Setlists" to the Helix. A "Setlist" as differentiated from a "Bank" does not actually contain presets but is instead composed of pointers to the presets. This allows you to quickly set up a list for the presets for upcoming performances without having to go and physically move all of your presets around. Would love to see this on both the Helix and the Editor but I would probably use it mostly from the Editor. Please chime in with comments if you have some ideas on the best implementation.

Vote for it here: https://line6.ideascale.com/a/idea-v2/911976

• Upvote 2

Posted an Idea to Ideascale to add "Setlists" to the Helix. A "Setlist" as differentiated from a "Bank" does not actually contain presets but is instead composed of pointers to the presets. This allows you to quickly set up a list for the presets for upcoming performances without having to go and physically move all of your presets around. Would love to see this on both the Helix and the Editor but I would probably use it mostly from the Editor. Please chime in with comments if you have some ideas on the best implementation.

Vote for it here: https://line6.ideascale.com/a/idea-v2/911976

This is an awesome idea.

I became very much used to this type of setup when my gear was controlled by a Rocktron/Bradshaw RSB-18 system - that has preset and song/setlist mode, which works exactly as you're requesting - pointers to the presets required.

That way, if you modify/evolve that preset, ALL song/setlist entries which use it will call up that version.

In the case of that system, the title on the board displayed the 'Song' title input by the user. The only thing missing then was details about the presets - honestly, I was calling for 'scribble strips' back in 1988 when I got that system, as it was the only thing missing as far as I was concerned - variable switch labels built into the software.

Now it's the other way with Helix - have the strips, just need the 'pointer' system for songs/setlists =]

This is an awesome idea.

I became very much used to this type of setup when my gear was controlled by a Rocktron/Bradshaw RSB-18 system - that has preset and song/setlist mode, which works exactly as you're requesting - pointers to the presets required.

That way, if you modify/evolve that preset, ALL song/setlist entries which use it will call up that version.

In the case of that system, the title on the board displayed the 'Song' title input by the user. The only thing missing then was details about the presets - honestly, I was calling for 'scribble strips' back in 1988 when I got that system, as it was the only thing missing as far as I was concerned - variable switch labels built into the software.

Now it's the other way with Helix - have the strips, just need the 'pointer' system for songs/setlists =]

Thanks! I can't really lay claim to much in the way of originality on the idea as it exists on other equipment but I agree it is an excellent way to do things and I would love to see it come to the Helix.