Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Balanced Volume Level Between All Jtv Guitars Models

I'm a little frustrated after spending hours editing the volume levels for my JTV guitar models that I find when i play live the volume levels between the the same model and the other models are more often than not quite different in their output level. Any suggestions that may help me acquire a quicker and more balanced volume level ?

Yes,

You should visit the site vguitarforums. They have a section on variax guitars & patches. Someone went through the HD models & "Volume Balanced" them in workbench, and posted them by bank. See the following link:  ------>> http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=9388.0

Hope that helps. Check out the rest of the site - very good info there!

Cheers

I tried joining that forum for that purpose - yet to get "accepted" ...that was a month ago - dunno where he's @!

Just tried again w/different email...says I'm successful  - then says waiting admin approval

Has ANYONE had success w/this?  - scratch that ... finally gottem'

Ok thanks for this Guitarno , I downloaded all your settings and I'm gonna give them a try. Anything special I or we should know about?

:)

Hey Diggerbarnz did you get a chance to try out these settings ? And if so what are your thoughts.

I didn't actually post those settings on Vguitar, I just belong to that site, knew they were there & thought they might help you out. Nothing really special to know about them. I tried them myself, and they seem to be a little more even for volume. I haven't had as much of an issue with this but I'm new to the JTV & am still in the learning mode. I have a lot of experimenting to do in workbench to learn to optimize the models.

When I adjusted mine, I played them against the same song (or better yet backing track) at a very low listening level. The low volume seems to help point out differences easier. It's an old mixing trick to find possible problems in a mix...listen at a very low level.

And keep in mind the models 2.0 have very different comparitive levels to each other than in 1.9. These need to be adjusted differently.

Ok thanks for this Guitarno , I downloaded all your settings and I'm gonna give them a try. Anything special I or we should know about?

:)

Hey Diggerbarnz did you get a chance to try out these settings ? And if so what are your thoughts.

Sounds great to me - 1st time I've used the workbench & I find it to be an improvement

I really love this guitar (JTV 69)  and the versatility it provides  :wub: ! But one more question for you all . What pickups have you used in combination with your Gibson Les Paul other than Lester pickups?

I really love this guitar (JTV 69)  and the versatility it provides  :wub: ! But one more question for you all . What pickups have you used in combination with your Gibson Les Paul other than Lester pickups?

One of my favorites is the LP body with mini-humbuckers. The 89 pickups are also fun. Use the "spank" single-coil pickups, and you can emulate coil-splitting. Build all the positions for a 3 pickup setup (HHH), and things get really interesting. Now ask yourself, will the middle pickup be a treble or a bass pickup? Throw in some out-of-phase and/or series wirings, for good measure. The sheer number of choices will start to make your brain hurt after awhile... :)

It's really amazing what you can do with this instrument. Im really having fun with it but sometimes you just get too involved with the mechanics of it all and forget that you have songs to learn for the next rehearsal. Lol.

Thanks everyone your suggestions have come in very handy.

• 5 months later...