Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Pod Pro Hd Not Loud Enough?

ZomgAnthony

Hi guys, I recently bought a Pod Hd Pro rack off of a friend and I'm running this through a ART SLA-1 Power amp (100watts@8ohms) and into an Avatar 8ohm cab (120 watts) with celestian V30s. I was practicing with some guys the other day, and for some reason, I have to crank the master AND channel volume all the way to the max to even hear it at a decent volume compared to everyone else(Drummer+6505 guitarist). Are there any settings I should be changing on the pod pro so that it is used for live amp use? or perhaps maybe the power amp is just not that strong?.. 

I just went to my car and check on it, and it's already on the Line setting instead of mic. the other switch is also on ground right now. I'm just a complete noob when it comes to hooking these things up. and also.. If I decide to hook the pod pro to my power amp using a speaker cable, the unbalanced output is set to Amp and not Line. I can't think of anything else right now besides maybe a setting to change on it or something.

If I decide to hook the pod pro to my power amp using a speaker cable, the unbalanced output is set to Amp and not Line.

That should be set to "line" also. You'd set it to "amp" if you were plugging into the front of a guitar amp or going into some other device expecting an instrument level signal.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I recently bought a Pod Hd Pro rack off of a friend and I'm running this through a ART SLA-1 Power amp (100watts@8ohms) and into an Avatar 8ohm cab (120 watts) with celestian V30s. I was practicing with some guys the other day, and for some reason, I have to crank the master AND channel volume all the way to the max to even hear it at a decent volume compared to everyone else(Drummer+6505 guitarist). Are there any settings I should be changing on the pod pro so that it is used for live amp use? or perhaps maybe the power amp is just not that st

First of all you have the Wrong Amp. ART SLA-1 has no 1/4" output jack, that makes me assume that you are using Bare speaker wire instead of "Speaker Cable". I don't know how your connecting amp to the speaker cab, but if your using household speaker wire, then that's what your doing wrong. I use a Carvin DCM200L and its loud..dcm200l-closeup-2.jpg And it has the output's for the speaker cabinet.dcm200l-closeup-3.jpg

I use a banana plug to connect into the multi post binding outputs in the back(red and black). and that banana plug allows me to use a 1/4 speaker cable to connect into my cab. I found out that the issue I was having was that I was still on the Direct/recording setting when it should have been something else. It sounds a lot louder, and more hear-able at practice. so my issue was pretty much solved

Great, and hears a tip. Your using one cab so you have a Mono setup,  I too had issues with volumes and my setup was stereo out to stereo in of my power amp and stereo out into stereo 8 ohms L and 8 ohms R  of my cab. For some reason it didn't work right, I had low sound, tone was a bit off and it sounding like I was hearing it from far away. After many weeks of seeking Forum knowledge, nothing.

So here's what I did Rewired everything into Mono mode,  channel 1 output of the pod is mono ,so connected here to channel 1 input of the stereo power amp which I bridge to mono and used the  channel 1 amp output (16 ohms)  into 16ohm input of my cab. Sorry about going into detail, but wait  there's more. 

On the Pod in the mixer block, I had to Pan everything Hard LEFT 100% into the Pods output channel and that's what worked for me.

next time when your playing try Panning 100% to your output and see what it gets you.