Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

God I wish the Firehawk would get an update like the Helix just did!!

malachi1313

I bought my Firehawk FX just recently. I read my way through this forum and also through other musicians‘ forums, which means I knew that I could not expect Line 6 to develop the Firehawk much further. The price at which I got it was a bargain, so no complaints from me. Further down the road I might sell it for a helix something.

But for the people who bought th FH before I think letting down a hardly three-year old product without saying something about it is not a good way of customer care.

What Line 6 should do at least is to make clear which way the Firehawk is going to go - or not to go. I’d like to know how long they plan to go on supporting the various platforms the app is running on.

With that being said I wouldn’t mind a real update too ;)

What are you waiting this update for ?

The Helix's one is not a revolution....

There are 2 amps and a lot of FX from old line6's devices....Some delays appear 3 times (mono, stereo and legacy)

It's a good thing that L6 always works on the product but if it wasn't the case, would it be a problem ?

I've paid for a product at a Time and i've seen if it corresponded to my needs.

The firehawk has his limitations but all are known when you buy it

On the other hand, it brings good stuffs that no device have and can provide very good sounds.

Iggypiggy,  which company doesn't take care of their customers who buy the more expensive product ? None

I think one more matter to improve the FH is that there isn't many owners nowdays.

I believe a lot of L6's customers have the HD500(X) and didn't want to invest into the FH. Their device is still commercialized at a more expensive price that means "it's a better pedalboard".

They prefered buying the Helix or stand by.

The FH have been ignored.....

The Helix have two arguments : it's the flagship and it has got much more owners than the FH.....

• 2 weeks later...

The FHFX has enough amps/FX in it already for the price, maybe with exception of a couple of things. But for me, the biggest things we can hope for in an update is:

1 Bluetooth reliability

2 No sound artefacts when switching patches

3 Zero lag between patches. They could do it on the POD HD, why not FHFX?

4 More intuitive iOS interface e.g. save, save as.

If they fixed these bugs, I would 100% more satisfied with the unit.

The FHFX has enough amps/FX in it already for the price, maybe with exception of a couple of things. But for me, the biggest things we can hope for in an update is:

1 Bluetooth reliability

2 No sound artefacts when switching patches

3 Zero lag between patches. They could do it on the POD HD, why not FHFX?

4 More intuitive iOS interface e.g. save, save as.

If they fixed these bugs, I would 100% more satisfied with the unit.

It's been less than a week since I bought FH FX and I'll return it for that very reason. You can not play it live. It is a pedalboard that does not work for live.