Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I sent a detailed description of the issue and all the cables plus step by step on how to test it.

I got back the variax and of course none of the cables were even undone and the Variax

is NOT seen by Workbench hd...(via helix) no matter what.

I did get from Line 6  a new version of the VDI USB and that does work reliably (thank you)

but still a drag not to be able to connect helix and variax and workbench all via one CABLE

17 hours ago, MarkJarvis said:

I sent a detailed description of the issue and all the cables plus step by step on how to test it.

I got back the variax and of course none of the cables were even undone and the Variax

is NOT seen by Workbench hd...(via helix) no matter what.

I did get from Line 6  a new version of the VDI USB and that does work reliably (thank you)

but still a drag not to be able to connect helix and variax and workbench all via one CABLE

In Helix's global settings, "MIDI over USB" must be turned on, otherwise Workbench won't realize that the Variax is connected... try that. Took me a while to figure it out, and when I opened a support ticket about the issue, all I got as a suggestion was "try a different USB port, and don't use a hub". Why it's never mentioned that this setting needs to be turned on is baffling to me, but I digress...Anyway, it worked for me, I never use anything but the VDI cable, and have no trouble connecting to Workbench through Helix.

I found a string butt end rolling around inside a cavity, looks like a Hi-E string end.

" I sent a detailed description of the issue and all the cables plus step by step on how to test it. "--- did it line by line.

" ... of course none of the cables were even undone ..."--- did that. I'm picky about putting everything back the way I find it.

I and one of the support people here check it with Line 6 Monkey and Workbench HD and it worked fine. And he used

a Helix as requested. Still not working,.... is there a USB hub connected to your set-up? What computer and OS?