Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Usb Device Not Recognized

Andstev

Hello there to everyone, unfortunately i am out of warranty! 

I have LIN6 POD HD 500.

My issue is that my USB port can't connect with my laptop and desktop!

usbdevicenotrecognized.png

So i started with the normal fixing methods including uninstalling the drivers for my devices and re installing them. 

I tried system restore! i tried everything.

But Nothing happen!

So i go to a special electronic friend to see what's the problem...

He told me my USB port is damaged and i have to replace it.

I replace the USB port with a different and better quality USB port to avoid the same issue latter !

This is my USB port before " http://i42.tinypic.com/ot2knr.jpg "

and i replace it with that USB PORT " http://i44.tinypic.com/24wyjuw.jpg "

The problem still exist... :angry: 

I think something happen in to electrical board around the USB port.

Thank you...

*Sorry for my bad English 

In many cases, just replacing the usb port is not enough. The damaged port has probably caused a failure in an internal board/component within the HD500. I had the same thing happen to me. I had to take it in for servicing to replace the internal component as well as the USB port.

• Upvote 1

arislaf> yes on two different computer !! στειλε πμ.  :)

silverhead> how much that cost? maybe the same thing happen to me, who knows!

i just want to listen different options, maybe is a software problem. :wacko:

Thank you guys for the replay...

pfff i'm tired with this! spending too much money for HD 500  :(

It was more expensive than I had expected. Can't say what it might be in your region.

I understand, if you have time send me how much have you pay about! what exactly have you change/fix on internal component ? Maybe i will be able to calculate the difference in price between our region. You know if is easy to found the electronic plan of hd500? Thank you for your time!

I had mine fixed late last year. It cost $100 Canadian. I had it fixed at a dealer/service centre that now sells the HD500 brand new for $510; a new HD500x sells for $540.

So to get it fixed here cost almost 20% of the cost of a new device.

I do not know what internal component was replaced, its item cost, nor the complexity of the replacement activity.

• Upvote 1

I had mine fixed late last year. It cost $100 Canadian. I had it fixed at a dealer/service centre that now sells the HD500 brand new for $510; a new HD500x sells for $540.

So to get it fixed here cost almost 20% of the cost of a new device.

I do not know what internal component was replaced, its item cost, nor the complexity of the replacement activity.

ok i see!!! so all the fix you make for your hd500 was in line6? or somewhere individual/other person?

• 1 month later...

Which country ?

I havent open any support ticket !!!

How it works? 

Thank you fro the replay...

in our country Nakas is the official (unfortunately) line6 repair center. Better open a support ticket at the page silverhead gave you.

1) on search write ''pod hd usb not recognized'' 

2)after the results at the bottom of the screen will say:''If none of these documents helped solve your issue, click here to start your ticket:''  click here

3) choose your devise

4)select operating system on the block

5) describe your problem

MOST IMPORTANT!!! EQUIPMENT MUST BE REGISTERED, COMPUTERS MUST BE REGISTERED AND E-MAIL ALSO!!

in our country Nakas is the official (unfortunately) line6 repair center. Better open a support ticket at the page silverhead gave you.

1) on search write ''pod hd usb not recognized'' 

2)after the results at the bottom of the screen will say:''If none of these documents helped solve your issue, click here to start your ticket:''  click here

3) choose your devise

4)select operating system on the block

5) describe your problem

MOST IMPORTANT!!! EQUIPMENT MUST BE REGISTERED, COMPUTERS MUST BE REGISTERED AND E-MAIL ALSO!!

Done! Have to wait now...ΕυχαÏιστω Ïειιιιιι  :D

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Okay men, Same deal here with my pod hd pro. Crashed whilst flashing. I held down the VIEW "hold for system and I/o" button and pressed enter/move  and majiclly  the screen 'Flash update appeared' Monkey saw it and flash work successfully. How about that back door?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hello, new are as follows...

Since I did not find any solution with different electronic, i decided to go to the only company to have an authorized service.

Certainly heard worse in a matter of money and delay in delivery.

16 january gave HD500 and today I got it.

They changed my whole board including the usb ... 

It cost me 80 € 

Works just fine...

P.S.

The company did not called me as they told me, they did not informed me that that the price is 80 € to tell them if I want to fix it.

After I asked to know why all this delay they told me that the man who repaired the HD500

was fired and became a mess because they could not find out who owns what!

:blink:

• Upvote 2

This happened to my Pod HD Pro after a flash update. Mine has to be a software thing. It won't even reboot. It gets stuck on start up with no output sound. I don't know why I even tried to flash it. Guess I have to send it in.

i'm not saying anybody did this but i remember someone from line6 posting a caution to ensure that the correct software be installed i.e. podxt bean software = podxt bean; posdxt live software = podxt live and so on. i use podxt as an example because that is the time frame i remember.  i often wondered if the problems people were having was installing the wrong software by accident

This happened to my Pod HD Pro after a flash update. Mine has to be a software thing. It won't even reboot. It gets stuck on start up with no output sound. I don't know why I even tried to flash it. Guess I have to send it in.

usually a global reset fixes that

This may be the exception. When I try it it, just keeps toggeling between the normal screen and another one. I cant recall off hand. It won't process sound. Also, Monkey doesn't see it and I can get to the system screen. That shows the correct updated ver. but shows 00.0 for the usb. 

Then I tried to upload via the midi ports but there is no selection for any of the HD pod's. Support said send it in... :(

Yes, i believe is the better solution to send it to authorized service...

i'm not saying anybody did this but i remember someone from line6 posting a caution to ensure that the correct software be installed i.e. podxt bean software = podxt bean; posdxt live software = podxt live and so on. i use podxt as an example because that is the time frame i remember.  i often wondered if the problems people were having was installing the wrong software by accident

Maybe is a solution,yes... but in my case i have to replace the board...

Im having the same error i have a hd pod400 i have probably plugged a usb cable into into the hub about 10 times total. About 4 months ago i started recording to my computer by plugging directly into the pods usb port i was using audacity DAW software and had no problems recording as well as when i plugged into the usb for software updates. I purchased cubase 7.5 DAW about 2 weeks ago and could not get it to recognize the pod, after trying everything for 2 days i finally went back to the old recording software and even that wont recognize the pod now. I then opened Monkey and that wont recognize the pod through the usb either. Im going to talk to support and fill out a ticket unless any one has any other ideas thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Same issue with my 400.Tried the different port and cable fix (three cables, two PC's and a laptop which means however many tries you can do with three cables 9 ports) and still not recognized,still stuck on "v1/31 please wait..."on startup. Tech support says take it in, which I'm guessing will cost more than the 120 bucks these things go for used.

--Anyone have any success connecting with a midi to usb cable?

--Is there some sort of global reset (not the factory preset thing) on the HD400?

All this just to get the plexi modelin 2.01...sigh