Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix to recreate unique pedals.

Galacticus956

On 10/24/2018 at 7:01 PM, Galacticus956 said:

I bought the Helix effects for the sole purpose of recreating the sounds and tones of all the dream pedals that I just can't convince my wife to let me spend our hard earned money on. Anybody want to join me on my journey? Any ideas? Any presets? Up first is the Chase Bliss Thermae.

If you are gainfully employed and you want a pedal...buy a pedal. If she gives you a hard time, just wander over to the closet and start taking inventory of her shoes and handbags... works better if you do it out loud. Works for me every time I come home with a new toy.

Say it with me: "It's easier to get forgiveness than permission"...;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

This is one of the reasons I got my HX Stomp and it is pretty good at it! I'm hoping it will get better and better with each update. I've been able to make a couple of patches based on Thermae but they only work on the Somp right now. I made (and am still making) patches based on other unique effects.

Here is a video with my Thermae patch:

15 hours ago, donoise said:

This is one of the reasons I got my HX Stomp and it is pretty good at it! I'm hoping it will get better and better with each update. I've been able to make a couple of patches based on Thermae but they only work on the Somp right now. I made (and am still making) patches based on other unique effects.

Here is a video with my Thermae patch:

That is really cool! I’d love to know more about what you have set up there.

1 hour ago, Verne-Bunsen said:

That is really cool! I’d love to know more about what you have set up there.

Thank you! I'm using a delay (obviously haha) and a couple of other stuff and switching methods. Sorry for not being a lot more clear :/

These patches are available to get for HX Stomp (link is in the video description). I'm hoping to be able to make them available for the Floor and HX Effects as well. Just need to figure out how :)

11 hours ago, donoise said:

Thank you! I'm using a delay (obviously haha) and a couple of other stuff and switching methods. Sorry for not being a lot more clear :/

These patches are available to get for HX Stomp (link is in the video description). I'm hoping to be able to make them available for the Floor and HX Effects as well. Just need to figure out how :)

Gotcha, understood. I just watched the video in forum window and so didn't see the content in in the description. It’s way cool regardless!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, arislaf said:

Will be possible on 2.8

People mentioned this but it is not clear if I can do this without having any of them. Can I just save HX Stomp presets as Helix presets without connecting a Helix or using Native?

2 minutes ago, donoise said:

People mentioned this but it is not clear if I can do this without having any of them. Can I just save HX Stomp presets as Helix presets without connecting a Helix or using Native?

Αs far as i got it yes. This is the core line 6 fighting about. All can be read by all, though still the dsp will be problem on stomp, if it loads a bigger than 6 blocks preset.

21 minutes ago, arislaf said:

Αs far as i got it yes. This is the core line 6 fighting about. All can be read by all, though still the dsp will be problem on stomp, if it loads a bigger than 6 blocks preset.

If that's indeed the case, it will be great. I won't have block/DSP limit problems as I'll be making the patches on the Stomp so they should work on all the others (without amps on the HX Effects).

• Upvote 1