Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native crashes Logic Pro x

drewster77123

Did anyone try the solution that was offered previously:

On 2/5/2019 at 12:50 PM, felixfrechette said:

Hi, just want to share how I fixed this problem for me. I just went in the Plug-in Manager inside Logic Pro X preferences, selected the Helix Native plug-in from the list and hit Reset & Rescan Selection at the bottom of the window. That did it for me. Hope this helps :)

Most DAWs have something similar, on Windows as well as Mac. For example with both Cakewalk and Studio One, I refresh the plug-in inventory after installing a plug-in. It's not always necessary, but overall, saves me a lot of grief.

• Like 1

SUCCESS!!

So I was having the same frustrating SPINNING WHEEL issue while using Logic Pro as many others... but I made one change that seems to have fixed the problem! 

I just turned off my internet connection (WiFi) then tried opening the plugin in Logic, but this time instead of it causing the constant spinning wheel,  it prompted me for my account login info (...because of no internet connection).

But this time where I had previously been connecting over my home Wi-Fi... I instead connected to my iPhone via PERSONAL HOTSPOT... typed in my password and it loaded right up! 

And after that first successful attempt I now seem to be able to use my home Wi-Fi without any issues and everything seems to be working as it should! 

DANG....FINALLY!!!

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 3

• 6 months later...
On 9/3/2019 at 1:37 AM, jeremydlloyd79 said:

SUCCESS!!

So I was having the same frustrating SPINNING WHEEL issue while using Logic Pro as many others... but I made one change that seems to have fixed the problem! 

I just turned off my internet connection (WiFi) then tried opening the plugin in Logic, but this time instead of it causing the constant spinning wheel,  it prompted me for my account login info (...because of no internet connection).

But this time where I had previously been connecting over my home Wi-Fi... I instead connected to my iPhone via PERSONAL HOTSPOT... typed in my password and it loaded right up! 

And after that first successful attempt I now seem to be able to use my home Wi-Fi without any issues and everything seems to be working as it should! 

DANG....FINALLY!!!

DUDE! This worked for me too! I am running Logic Pro 10.4.8 on a MacBook Pro 15-inch (2016) with Touch Bar (2.9GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512 Storage) on MacOS 10.15.3 and last night I tried loading Helix Native in a brand new project and I got the spinning beach ball. I could only force quit Logic after that to be able to do anything with the software. I turned off my WiFi, opened Logic with a new project, loaded Helix Native and sure enough I was able to re-authenticate and reconnect to the WiFi and authorize my computer again. It's now ready for use! I am glasd I decided to keep reading this thread until the end!

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/16/2019 at 6:57 PM, ognum1971 said:

Did anyone find the solution to this?

I've just spent good dollar on native for it NOT to work?

very strange indeed

I downloaded the free Native Software on Saturday by Sunday night all I got was the spinning wheel when as soon as I selected Native Plugin. 
I read through the replies on a few forums and tried the quote telling me to load my DAW then turn your WIFI off / disconnect from the internet select Native Plugin which then gives you the line 6 login pop-up. Turn your internet / WiFi back on and enter your username and password. Native should then be up and running. 
hope this helps. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2019 at 6:37 AM, jeremydlloyd79 said:

SUCCESS!!

DANG....FINALLY!!!

Don't read too much into this, but I love you!

• 3 weeks later...

Me too, this is still an issue (I'm running the trial version).

You load up Logic Pro X, turn the wifi off, load up Helix Native on a guitar track and then login via the modal screen that appears.

I doubt I will be buying a full licence if this is characteristic of the software, no matter how good the amp sims are.

21 hours ago, colinjwatson said:

I doubt I will be buying a full licence if this is characteristic of the software, no matter how good the amp sims are.

As noted by “soundog” in the post above - this is not an issue with the fully licensed version. I use Logic Pro X daily without any problem.

Oh, yeah, the amps and fx are exactly the same as the hardware Helix (minus the foot switches obviously).

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2020 at 4:05 PM, jumpback said:

Does this work with Logic 10.15 Catalina? Thinking of grabbing it

The trial version is free to download and is fully functional for 15 days - try it and see.

Any problems report them to Line 6 Customer Support, so they  will be aware and can take steps to fix any issues.

We are HXN users on this forum trying to help each other out if we can, some things we have fixed, other things are beyond our scope.