Sign in to follow this  
DannyMcO

Where to buy replacement JTV necks?

Where can one buy replacement necks for a JTV69? I checked with Warmoth and their deal with Line 6 ended long ago; Full Compass doesn't have them.

Looking for a lefty maple neck made to fit without my having to question the fit of or take any measurements to have built or what have you. Doesn't have to say Variax on it, just has to be straight 6 lefty maple that I can also put an Earvana on.

Anybody know?

Any Strat replacement neck will fit a JTV69. So regardless of whether Warmoth has a "deal" with Line 6 or not, you can buy one of their Strat necks and put it on a JTV69. Just don't have them drill the mounting holes because the spacing is a little different. They charge you $15 for not drilling the holes. If the link works, here's a photo of my Warmoth replacement neck on my JTV69. It's mahogany with Bubinga FB, SS frets, Earvana nut. 

cK9PtCz.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, specracer986 said:

Just don't have them drill the mounting holes because the spacing is a little different. They charge you $15 for not drilling the holes.

cK9PtCz.jpg

I've put 2 different Warmoth necks on my 69. First one I had lying around from an old Strat, so obviously it was already drilled, and actually 3 of the 4 holes line up perfectly... only one is offset. You do need to dowel the last hole though, as it would be way too close for comfort to the new one that needs to be drilled. Worked fine...I eventually replaced it a second time, only because the frets were totally shot, and it wasn't worth the cost of a re-fret. Bought one of Warmoth's "in stock" selections (they're often quite a bit cheaper than building one from scratch). That one had already been pre-drilled, too... did the same thing again and just dowel-ed the one hole.

So for anybody who's got an old Strat neck, or if you find a new one you like that's already been pre-drilled, don't worry about it...it's an easy fix. Any local tech/luthier worth his salt will have no problem with it. Or just do it yourself...it ain't brain surgery. Dowel, wood glue, wait 24hrs, drill new hole, done.

Plus, it both mystifies and slightly aggravates me that Warmoth will drill holes for free, but charges an extra $15 to not drill them. I wouldn't expect a discount or anything... but an upcharge for doing less work just smells funny, lol. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisinon2 said:

Plus, it both mystifies and slightly aggravates me that Warmoth will drill holes for free, but charges an extra $15 to not drill them. I wouldn't expect a discount or anything... but an upcharge for doing less work just smells funny, lol. ;) 

Very Seinfeld-ian - "It's like decaffeinated coffee...they charge you more, for less!"

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DannyMcO said:

Very Seinfeld-ian - "It's like decaffeinated coffee...they charge you more, for less!"

The only thing I know about coffee is that if I don't get some in the morning, I'd scream at a box full of puppies... is there such a thing as decaf coffee beans, or do they have to do something to suck the caffeine out of the regular beans? Cause that they can charge extra for, lol... but to say "I built you this wooden thing, and I'm gonna charge you an extra fifteen bucks to skip the last step" is just baffling to me, lol...;)

Someone demonstrates that on You Tube. He replaced his with a  Fender neck