Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Keep Firehawk FX with new amp?

firehawkkwah

I have a Firehawk FX. Generally happy with the tones, although the lag switching patches live requires creativity.

My existing amp is starting to die, so I'm looking for a new one.

Should I get a new line6 modeling amp (and control foot board), or just another regular amp?

I'm not concerned with "it must sound exactly like this", and more just making cool tones that I like (and sometimes sound a lot like the songs I'm covering). So I'm that regard, having a regular amp paired with the Firehawk FX has been ok, even though I know I'm not getting the exact tone that's being modeled, at least I can get sounds I like to play.

In retrospect I wish I had bought a (TBD) amp and foot controller instead of the fire hawk, but since I already have the money sunk...

So do I buy a new modeling amp and foot controller and sell the Firehawk? Or just buy a new regular amp?

You might want to post in the Firehawk forum. This is more for HD/Helix. I'm not aware that Firehawk integrates in the same way with the Line 6 amps.

You could always try FRFR if you are happy with the Firehawk. That way you are just amplifying that.

I have moved this to the Firehawk forum.

i recommend you either:

- get a new modeling amp of your choice and sell Firehawk; or

- get an FRFR speaker and keep Firehawk.

There's no point in using two amp modeling devices. And you'll need a more complicated setup (4CM) as well as more skill and experience in preset building to effectively use a regular amp with Firehawk.