Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't Backup!

Bikedude

I'm trying to Backup 2.7.1 before I install 2.8.1.  When I'm in HX Edit and hit the Backup tab, it doesn't complete the b/u, and I get a retry msg. Of Timeout waiting for response (code 8212). I've updated the Updater and have tried a dozen times. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance,  BTW running Windows 7.

Probably a corrupt preset.

Export your setlists one by one till an export fails.

Export the presets in that setlist in small batches till you find the offender.

Delete that preset and try the backup again.

8 minutes ago, Bikedude said:

I'm trying to Backup 2.7.1 before I install 2.8.1.  When I'm in HX Edit and hit the Backup tab, it doesn't complete the b/u, and I get a retry msg. Of Timeout waiting for response (code 8212). I've updated the Updater and have tried a dozen times. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance,  BTW running Windows 7.

Best option is to follow the guidance given by “rd2rk” in the post above.

The 8212 would seem to indicate a corrupt preset.

35 minutes ago, Bikedude said:

What version of HX Edit are you using? I notice you mentioned you have "updated the Updater and have tried a dozen times". The Updater has nothing to do with backups, you need the correct version of HX Edit.  If you are not using HX Edit 2.71 and are on the 2.71 firmware, I would install HX Edit 2.71 and try again, despite the fact that for example later HX Edit versions are supposed to be backwards compatible.

Also if you try rd2rk's solution once you find the offending setlist you can export the presets by halves. Find the half that doesn't export and half it again, rinse and repeat. By doing it in halves you will be surprised at how quickly you will find the problem preset if that is indeed the issue.

• Upvote 1

Thanks. I installed 2.8.1 into updater, and easily backed up . I then started the 2.8.1 download and it froze at 50%. I powered off Helix, closed then opened updater, then ran update again and it installed without a hitch.

3 hours ago, Bikedude said:

Thanks. I installed 2.8.1 into updater, and easily backed up . I then started the 2.8.1 download and it froze at 50%. I powered off Helix, closed then opened updater, then ran update again and it installed without a hitch.

Could you please add "Solved" to your opening post topic? Thanks dude!