Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Choosing snapshots between presets

chrisdivinechaos

I've just updated my Helix to the latest firmware and a feature that was present before has gone. 

I use snapshots and I have my footswitches setup so that the top row is presets and the bottom row is snapshots. Before if I hit a preset button the snapshots available in that preset would flash, I would choose a snapshot and that would be the new sound whereas now as soon as I change preset the sound changes instantly too whatever snapshot was chosen when the preset was saved. Basically it doesn't let you choose a certain snapshot it just loads the default one that was on when it was saved.

Any help would be awesome

Thanks

I'm not sure I understand. When switching presets Helix has always loaded the Snapshot in the new preset that was active when the preset was last saved. This is not new behaviour.

The Snapshot flashing/selection that you describe is the behaviour that occurs (with certain global footswitch settings) when changing snapshots within the same preset - not when switching presets.

Thanks for getting back, I played quite a few shows with it working that way, I did the update to get the Friedman maps and it was then that its stopped working the way it did. It seems strange that I now have to go via a sound that I potentially don't want to get to the sound I want on such a sophisticated unit, my friend setup the snapshots before on my helix and he can't remember how he did it or the video tutorial he used unfortunately but it worked the same way on his one (he's sold his Helix since too) Appreciate the help though guys

56 minutes ago, chrisdivinechaos said:

Thanks for getting back, I played quite a few shows with it working that way, I did the update to get the Friedman maps and it was then that its stopped working the way it did. It seems strange that I now have to go via a sound that I potentially don't want to get to the sound I want on such a sophisticated unit, my friend setup the snapshots before on my helix and he can't remember how he did it or the video tutorial he used unfortunately but it worked the same way on his one (he's sold his Helix since too) Appreciate the help though guys

Hi

I have to say that the comments in the 2 posts above are from guys who are beta testers for this stuff and if they’re convinced  it never worked that way, well, then I’m really confused. You say it worked, they say no - very strange.

The only thing that springs to mind about this situation is if you have updated to firmware version 2.81, then because it’s such a major change to the Core, your Global Settings will have been wiped. If you performed a backup prior to updating then maybe you could launch HX Edit and just restore your old Globals only from the backup.

It’s worth a shot!

Hope this helps/makes sense

On 9/7/2019 at 7:17 AM, chrisdivinechaos said:

I've just updated my Helix to the latest firmware and a feature that was present before has gone. 

What firmware did you have previously?

3 hours ago, chrisdivinechaos said:

my friend setup the snapshots before on my helix and he can't remember how he did it or the video tutorial he used unfortunately but it worked the same way on his one (he's sold his Helix since too)

Maybe it was a bug that you and your friend took advantage of :) 

If so, going back to the previous firmware and restoring your backup should bring it back. Of course... then you would lose the Friedman Amps. 

Actually... what you are describing for operation sounds like a great option. 

You could make a feature request at ideascale (line6.ideascale.com)

On 9/10/2019 at 11:20 AM, datacommando said:

Hi

I have to say that the comments in the 2 posts above are from guys who are beta testers for this stuff and if they’re convinced  it never worked that way, well, then I’m really confused. You say it worked, they say no - very strange.

The only thing that springs to mind about this situation is if you have updated to firmware version 2.81, then because it’s such a major change to the Core, your Global Settings will have been wiped. If you performed a backup prior to updating then maybe you could launch HX Edit and just restore your old Globals only from the backup.

It’s worth a shot!

Hope this helps/makes sense

Thanks for the input, yeah I'm on a quest to find the exact update we did, it wasn't when I bought it, it was around the time the Badonk amp was added and as mentioned my friend did it for me, appreciate the input, yeah it's a weird one, I'm sure these guys are fully legit, maybe I'm mistaken but I'm quite used it the way I described for a number of shows with different ordered setlists with around 16 different snapshots and straight after the update is when I noticed that the behaviour had changed, thanks again for your help, Chris

• Thanks 1

On 9/10/2019 at 1:38 PM, codamedia said:

What firmware did you have previously?

Maybe it was a bug that you and your friend took advantage of :) 

If so, going back to the previous firmware and restoring your backup should bring it back. Of course... then you would lose the Friedman Amps. 

Actually... what you are describing for operation sounds like a great option. 

You could make a feature request at ideascale (line6.ideascale.com)

Hey There, thanks for your feedback on the issue, the last update before the recent one was to take advantage of the Badonk amp, it was way easier when my presets worked like a bank change, I didn't realise that there was a place to request features, if my friend managed to activate some bug it would probably be better if it was a proper feature so I'll post a message on there in case they can provide it in a future update, plus the Friedman amps are too awesome to loose! I'll just find a new way to run my patches for now, thanks again!

18 minutes ago, chrisdivinechaos said:

Thanks for the input, yeah I'm on a quest to find the exact update we did, it wasn't when I bought it, it was around the time the Badonk amp was added and as mentioned my friend did it for me, appreciate the input, yeah it's a weird one, I'm sure these guys are fully legit, maybe I'm mistaken but I'm quite used it the way I described for a number of shows with different ordered setlists with around 16 different snapshots and straight after the update is when I noticed that the behaviour had changed, thanks again for your help, Chris

Hi,

FYI. The Line 6 Badonk model was add in the Firmware 2.20 released on the 30th March 2017.

That was quite an upgrade because that had a bunch of release notes with it especially about resetting the Globals otherwise 2.20 would not work properly.

Maybe your Helix was never reset and that's how come it didn't function as everyone else expected?