Sign in to follow this  
njc235

The dream (rig) is soon to end.

DT25 ->- AES/EBU ->- HD500 ->- VDI ->- JTV59P is my dream rig but I've become more and more frustrated with tone quality for live work over the last few years.  Last night I went wireless straight to the DT25 and just used the guitar volume to drive the amp harder when I needed to.  Only FX was the built-in reverb.  There's a lot to be said for the back-to-basics approach.  Everyone in the band said that I had a great sound.

So here's the question - do I keep the HD500 as a multiFX box in the DTs send return and ditch all of the confusing modelling or replace the HD500 with something like the M13?  I'm even thinking about a proper Les Paul instead of the Variax but I do love the DT25 head and 2 cabs.

I would consider the HX FX rather than the M13. It has everything the M13 has and more, and has a better future. In fact I have just ordered an HX FX with exactly this purpose in mind - replacing the HD500 in a DT-25 setup. I believe the HX FX presets can control the DT-25 configuration using instant MIDI commands but that remains to be confirmed (by me, at least. Others?)

• Like 1