Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

The dream (rig) is soon to end.

DT25 ->- AES/EBU ->- HD500 ->- VDI ->- JTV59P is my dream rig but I've become more and more frustrated with tone quality for live work over the last few years.  Last night I went wireless straight to the DT25 and just used the guitar volume to drive the amp harder when I needed to.  Only FX was the built-in reverb.  There's a lot to be said for the back-to-basics approach.  Everyone in the band said that I had a great sound.

So here's the question - do I keep the HD500 as a multiFX box in the DTs send return and ditch all of the confusing modelling or replace the HD500 with something like the M13?  I'm even thinking about a proper Les Paul instead of the Variax but I do love the DT25 head and 2 cabs.

I would consider the HX FX rather than the M13. It has everything the M13 has and more, and has a better future. In fact I have just ordered an HX FX with exactly this purpose in mind - replacing the HD500 in a DT-25 setup. I believe the HX FX presets can control the DT-25 configuration using instant MIDI commands but that remains to be confirmed (by me, at least. Others?)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I purchased the HXE to work with my DT25 before I got my Helix.  The HXE and DT Amps work great together.  I have done several patches with HXE and 4 cable method, and they are fantastic.  The DT25 by itself is an amazing amp.  Getting in with DTEdit really makes things fun.

But now I don't want to carry a tube amp out of the house any more, and haved move to just Helix and FRFR and Powercab +

But I frequently play through the DT25 at home.  It sounds good!

• 2 months later...

After some of the other threads about the Dream Rig thank God for some positivity.

I've only just got my Line6 stuff sorted and am loving it.

The DT25 I bought last week was the final part of the jigsaw puzzle and today I hauled every thing down the garden to the old garage for a few hours of noise.

:-)

Dream Rig-4

• 3 months later...

Been having fun with JTV-HD500X-DT25-Stagesource rig but have shaken it up a bit. Currently running the JTV into a TC PlethoraX5 with a Strymon Sunset OD in the loop then one stereo out goes to the DT25 and the other goes into a Strymon Irridium and the to the Stagesource.

The sound is huge. I just need to sort a midi switcher out.

poly-1

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Before getting my Helix, I bought the HXE to go with my DT25. Together, the HXE and DT Amps are fantastic. I've done a few patches using HXE and the four-cable technique, and they're great. On its own, the DT25 is a fantastic amplifier. It's a lot of fun to get into with DTEdit.

But now I don't want to carry a tube amp out of the Home any more, and haved move to just Helix and FRFR and Powercab +

At home, however, I regularly play the DT25. It appears to be interesting.

• 1 month later...

If you get the opportunity to pick up a Helix LT, Floor or Rack, you will love the integration with both the DT25 and the Powercab+ even more.   The preamp and full amp models are even better than the old HD models in the DT25.  Not that there is anything wrong with them because they still sound fantastic.