Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cant drag and drop HIR into ir block?

RossCarlino

I bought an Ownhammer IR pack from the line 6 market. I have dowloaded th HIR files and imported them into helix edit 2.82 however I cannot drag them into a block! Its infuriating!

If anyone could shed some light on this I would appreciate it! The IR's have a pick symbol next to them in the HX edit window, having done a bit of research it's just to show that they are a premium IR?

thanks

Ross

Have you tried adding a generic IR block to the signal path in the same manner that you would add, say, a Delay FX? Click on an empty block in the signal path and then select the IR module from the left menu. Once the generic block is there you can select it and choose a specific IR from the list.

If I'm reading your post right, you don't 'drag' the IR on to the block in your chain, you import/drag it into the IR Library to the left side of the editor, and then add an IR block in your chain.  The first parameter in the IR Block allows you to choose which IR slot the IR Block references.

Step 1: Drag/Import the IR you want into Slot 1

Step 2: Choose IR block> Mono/Stereo to add to your preset

Step 3: click drop down or move slider within the IR blocks parameters to choose the slot that its looking at, should default to Slot 1

that's all that's needed unless you want to do some additional Hi/Lo cuts or change the output level.

You can't just drag and drop an IR into the signal chain from the "Impulses" window.

First you select an empty block in the signal chain, then in the "EDIT" window select "Impulse Response", then select the IR lemgth (1024/2048).

Now you can select the IR from the Drop Down list at the end of the "IR Select" slider.

See the attached screenshot.