Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Assigning multiple actions to a foot switch. Help

thaw

I know how to assign multiple effects to a single switch ie turn on or off these two drives. What I can’t figure out is

- how to set a flip flop. As in button uses EITHER this delay or that delay. 

- how to set a third status. Ie one press one delay. One press another delay and third press no delay... possible?

thanks!

It should be noted that both Sascha and rd2rk are correct—it doesn't matter whether the two delay blocks are opposite bypass states when you assign them to the same footswitch.

The stomp switch changes the bypass state of all assigned blocks; the BYPASS button changes the bypass state of the selected block only.

10 minutes ago, thaw said:

Thanks for clarification!  Is there a way to change the scribble strip to reflect which status it is in? Example : long delay / short delay?

Any custom labels are static, but you can repeatedly touch the switch until the color LED represents the state you want it to be in. Then save the preset.

12 minutes ago, thaw said:

Thanks for clarification!  Is there a way to change the scribble strip to reflect which status it is in? Example : long delay / short delay?

You may be able to use snapshots for this if you’re not already using them in the preset.

• 2 years later...

I hope my question fits to this thread:

I built a preset with a drive fx and a distortion fx. Actually each of them is assigned to it's own footswitch.

What I would like to have is: the drive has it's own switch to be on or off. When I kick in the distortion the drive shalll be switched off.

My understanding is that this is impossible because it would require the drive to be assigned to two different footswitches at the same time. Is that correct? Is there a workaround solution?

On 4/7/2023 at 2:24 AM, zwockel said:

I hope my question fits to this thread:

I built a preset with a drive fx and a distortion fx. Actually each of them is assigned to it's own footswitch.

What I would like to have is: the drive has it's own switch to be on or off. When I kick in the distortion the drive shalll be switched off.

My understanding is that this is impossible because it would require the drive to be assigned to two different footswitches at the same time. Is that correct? Is there a workaround solution?

That is correct. The workaround is to use Snapshots.

You can let them have their own switches if you like and, for example, if you SAVE SS1 with both OFF (this might be your default SS on Preset Load), you can then save them in any combination in your other Snapshots and still use their switches within those Snapshots.

• Upvote 1

One possibility that I haven't totally formulated in my head is you could put the drive in a parallel path that goes in and out at the same spot. Then set up the distortion on the main path before or after that point that the drive goes and then comes back to the main path depending on where you want the distortion to be. So the drive will still have it's own switch. You then put a gain block in before the drive on the parallel path and set it so that it is at -120dB when it is turned on. So, you now set up the switch that is assigned to the distortion block to the gain block as well so that when the distortion block is on, the gain block is also on which will cut the signal going to the drive to nothing. When the distortion block is switched off, the gain block is also switched off. It's a little convoluted and if you already have a parallel path going then, of course, it won't work. Hope this makes sense. It does to me sitting here without my Helix in front of me.