Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Show Off Your New Gear!

TheRealZap

nice one zapper!

Just bought myself 2 two new effectpedals in the last 3 weeks, a Strymon Mobuis and a Weehbo Dumbledore..

cheers M8

I have the mobius as well... man that rotary effect is incredible... blows my socks off every time.

Nice dude!!! I finally bought myself an American Stratocaster last year October.......

mighty nice strat.... my MIM strat was better playing and sounding so I traded off my MIA.

I did get this beauty in the trade though :)

I really want an MIA telecaster 52 reissue....

like the one i foolishly trade off about 25 years ago...

just need to have me a clearance sale and raise the funds to do it...

:D

Quite by accident I seem to have become a bit of a L6 fan.

My latest purchase is the JTV 69.  This runs through a HD500 into a Spider III 75 (though i have it set to a very clean sound with no effects and run everything through the HD.

DSCF0811.jpg

• Upvote 2

I agree, its a much deeper red than I had expected.  Was originally considering a Sunburst as i already have a red start but this was such a different shade and depth that it won.  It has larger frets than any of my other guitars.  Love playing it both mags pickups and models.

The semi's sound really nice.

now i remember where i saw your other videos before... its the blue velcro dude! hahah

nice, great job on the videos by the way... and a nice little setup. how you liking the L3T?

(by the way L3M, the M is for monitor, no idea what the T is for.)

now i remember where i saw your other videos before... its the blue velcro dude! hahah

nice, great job on the videos by the way... and a nice little setup. how you liking the L3T?

(by the way L3M, the M is for monitor, not idea what the T is for.)

I'm liking the L3t but I still need to mess with it a lot more to get to the level of comfortibiity that I'd like. Just got it on friday though, so it might take me a while. The L3m (m for moitor) makes sense! Now if we could figure out the "t" we'd be good to go. 

• 2 weeks later...

It depends what I am playing.

Maple is smooth as far as playability and gets some bright tones.

I do like the warmth of Rosewood as well though.  The Black EVH sounds sweet.

I record and play a lot of music.  Between these 3 guitars (and I have a few more as well - Taylor Acoustic and Takamine 12 string among others) I have most bases covered.

I used to have a vintage USA 52 reissue... one of those deals where you regret having sold it when you were younger...

budget doesn't allow for that now... So i have a MIM tele with USA pickups which is probably one of my most played. (i have close to 30 guitars!)

Yeah BUDDY!  I've been playing the hell out of it!

post-395361-0-65527400-1369751776_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I used to have a vintage USA 52 reissue... one of those deals where you regret having sold it when you were younger...

budget doesn't allow for that now... So i have a MIM tele with USA pickups which is probably one of my most played. (i have close to 30 guitars!)

That's a hot looking guitar!

Love what the tele does for that song... bites right through...

would not have been the first guitar i'd have thought of to do that cover either...

i probably would have grabbed the 56 goldtop... and of course wouldn't have played it as well either :)

I like what you dialed in better than page (gasp!)

but i can only imagine that's 40 years worth of technology to your advantage.

Actually - the first couple Zeppelin albums were Teles. The solo to Stairway is a Tele as well. :D

and Muchos Gracias on the compliment.

I never was one to record covers.  Ever.  Lately I have tackled some to improve my recording technique and to learn how people do things.

I did this last week  Once again: THE TELE!

http://soundcloud.com/pd-k-1/come-together-beatles-cover

Notice the guitar at the end in the right speaker.  I used a vintage amp with vibrato to emulate a Rhodes effect.