Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

LT: snapshot mode for 6 switches and use the other 2 for cc commands f.e.?

rudomat

wish you could at least swap tap tempo and mode.  I don't like the top row.... it's ok for somethings, but I have 10 stomps and use snapshots to change reverb and delay parameters, and turn on a stomp or two... it would be nice if the mode was on the bottom

On 8/9/2022 at 1:11 PM, PaulTBaker said:

wish you could at least swap tap tempo and mode.  I don't like the top row.... it's ok for somethings, but I have 10 stomps and use snapshots to change reverb and delay parameters, and turn on a stomp or two... it would be nice if the mode was on the bottom

Well, I use the tap-tempo button only for its tuner functionality, never to change the tap tempo of the preset/snapshots. 

As for the mode button, I use it to switch between snapshots and pedalboard mode.  In pedalboard, I have recreated the same exact snapshot layout, EXCEPT up/down buttons aren't assigned.  I love snapshots, the only problem is that the A-buttons are too dangerously close to the up/down buttons.  Normally I don't even use my A-snapshots, they are redundant.  When all 8 snapshots have to be used, then I can press the mode button: now up/down buttons are not working and I am free to use my A-snapshots without fear. 

Here's a weird thing about disabling up/down buttons in command center.  On LT it's not possible, while it is possible on the Floor.  However, if you set this up the way you described on the floor, take that backup and restore it on the Helix, then up/down buttons are not working in pedalboard mode, as they should.

https://youtu.be/UTQ8wJaXZnc

On 8/7/2022 at 6:43 AM, rudomat said:

on my HX LT: when i'm in snapshot mode....can i use the lower A-D switches and the upper A+B to change snapshots and the other two (upper C+D) for switching parameters f.e. a rhythm and a lead gain....?

thanks a lot!

I don't think it's possible in Snapshot mode... but it is in Stomp mode using command center as outlined already by "theElevators". 

On 8/7/2022 at 10:12 AM, theElevators said:

Yes.  You can use Command Center.  Command Center allows you to assign any button to do anything you want in any imaginable layout.  Effects on/off, snapshots in any place you want. 

I could be wrong... but doesn't the new command center options only work in STOMP MODE? The OP is asking about SNAPSHOT mode, which I believe is still "fixed" to 8 snapshots. I was looking for a way to add a simple "BOOST" to a button in my snapshot mode not long ago, but could not find a way to do it without actually loading a snapshot. 

The new command center options are great in Stomp mode... I wish they would also allow it in Snapshot Mode which is where I would prefer to use it.  In the meantime, I've got my LT laid out very conveniently so it's a "wish list" item not a "must have" :) 

I also was wanting to add a boost to snapshot mode.  Most of my snapshots change delay and reverb settings, but because of the mode button issue, I also have a clean snapshot and a dirty snapshot.  would love a boost button without having to create a "dirty boosted" snapshot.

All of this is really just me whining :)    ...    I love the Helix/PC combo and what I can do with it is just simply amazing.  It would have been great even if they never upgraded things or had "paid" upgrades! (shh, don't listen Line6)   .... But the fact that we get all this and then new stuff as well..... man, could it get any better than that!  Wow!

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 11:02 AM, PaulTBaker said:

All of this is really just me whining :)   

That's exactly how I feel... Sure there are a few things on my wish list - but it's exactly that, a "wish" list. 

On 8/11/2022 at 11:02 AM, PaulTBaker said:

I also was wanting to add a boost to snapshot mode. 

If you don't use your TAP TEMPO, you can setup a midi loop (attach a midi cable from the out to in) and assign that button to engage a boost in command center. It has it's pro's/con's... just like most compromises do. 

I did that for a while and it works fine... but if you use tap tempo a lot it wouldn't be very convenient. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2022 at 8:29 AM, codamedia said:

If you don't use your TAP TEMPO, you can setup a midi loop (attach a midi cable from the out to in) and assign that button to engage a boost in command center. It has it's pro's/con's... just like most compromises do.

That's a crazy idea!  Love it!  But IMO, the onboard tuner is a nice thing to have, so even though I personally don't ever use the tap tempo functionality, the "coarse" tuner is great and I don't intend on sacrificing it. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 11:06 AM, theElevators said:

That's a crazy idea!  Love it!  But IMO, the onboard tuner is a nice thing to have, so even though I personally don't ever use the tap tempo functionality, the "coarse" tuner is great and I don't intend on sacrificing it. 

Actually, you don't lose the tuner with this method... if you press and hold the tuner will still come up. But the initial press (while holding for the tuner to engage) will engage the "boost" (in my example). You have to keep track of the boost being on or off since there is no "light" to remind you.  Like I said... there are pro's & con's to this approach :)

In the end I went a different direction, but I did do that for about 6 months and it worked fine. 

FWIW... The Tap Tempo still works as well, but as you can imagine... tapping in a tempo would engage/disengage the boost multiple times - LOL! 

• Haha 1