Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp power adapter replacement

Detgyver

Can I use a Boss PSA 230S with my HX Stomp or is there another power supply that is "proofed" that can be used? 
I need a second power adapter for the rehearsal room so that i only have to take the HX Stomp with me.

On 3/6/2024 at 8:21 AM, Detgyver said:

Can I use a Boss PSA 230S with my HX Stomp or is there another power supply that is "proofed" that can be used? 
I need a second power adapter for the rehearsal room so that i only have to take the HX Stomp with me.

Hi,

Type “HX Stomp power adapter replacement” into Google and watch it light up.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 3/6/2024 at 2:27 PM, Schmalle said:

5.5mm/2.1mm barrel plug

No (and this is very important), the Stomp needs a 2.5mm plug. Any standard plugs won't fit (which is really, really stupid, btw.).

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2024 at 12:21 AM, Detgyver said:

If you have an  Wall pluggable USB Power block, or a rechargeable USB Power brick, you can use a MyVolts Ripcord made for the HX Stomp. The Ripcord is a durable, inexpensive (about $25) USB to 9V 2.5mm right angle Center Positive adapter cable. It works flawlessly with the HX Stomp. Just be sure you use it with a at least a 5V 3Amp or higher USB capable source. I have two and have been using them for a few years without problem. They are available via Amazon (when not out of stock) or from the actual OEM, as well as others. Google for it. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/6/2024 at 10:15 PM, MusicLaw said:

[...] You can use a MyVolts Ripcord made for the HX Stomp. [...]

Yes. I have one and it even works with the USB 3 of my computer.

But the Birdcord PD ➔ 9V (USB PD Voltage Converter) for USB-C is the better choice for modern USB-C PD power banks and power supplies.

On 3/7/2024 at 7:02 AM, Detgyver said:

Ok I am looking for:

9V 1A (1000mA)

2,5 mm Plug center negative?

Is that right?

Correct.

Don't look for the correct plug for too long, better get an adapter cable (or two, just in case). That way you should be able to use pretty much any halfway decent power supply.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1