Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is the M9 Discontinued?

cybersnyder

I noticed that Guitar Center only has refurbished stock on their site.  Maybe the FX100 is its replacement?

Sweetwater has new ones.  Still, I don't see the value in the M9, it should be at least $200 cheaper.  Maybe $199...  

BUT, has anyone seen the new multi-effects pedal from Fractal?  Could be the M13 killer... 8 effects simultaneous, built for 4cm, midi capable, does amp switching...  No amp modeling... just have to see a price...

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/86923-coming-soon.html  (checkout the clipping indicators!)

While we are at it, why would anyone pay $499 for a M13 when you can get a 500X for $499 that does everything the M13 does and so much more?  Even if you don't use the amp models?

Either way I am not going Fractal at this stage of the game...  in too deep with Line 6 and no real complaints...

I just tried a HD500X as a M9 replacement and, IMO, the M9 is superior.  Easier to edit, sounds better.  

Thanks for the Fractal link.  That's a dream come true.  I've always wanted a MultiFX built with no corners cut to hit a price point.  I think I'll stick with my M5 and check out the Fractal when it's available.  Wow!

I just tried a HD500X as a M9 replacement and, IMO, the M9 is superior.  Easier to edit, sounds better.  

I could see easier to edit but not sounds better... same effects, better processing in the 500... strange...

The pitch shift on the M5 that I have sounds much, much better.  I use it to drop 1/2 step or convert an EADG bass into BEAD and it works well.  On the HD500x, the tones were terrible.  The HD500x has way more overall processing power, but individual effects only have what they're allocated.

BUT, has anyone seen the new multi-effects pedal from Fractal?  Could be the M13 killer... 8 effects simultaneous, built for 4cm, midi capable, does amp switching...  No amp modeling... just have to see a price...

I'd be surprised if the price is less than $1400... Not really an M13 killer... The M13 is also going on 6 years old. It's a senior citizen in the world of multi-fx.

But back to main topic of the post - I don't see any evidence of the M9 being discontinued. Retailers' stock of things ebbs and flows.

anyone else notice the effects on the M5, M9 or M13 being any better or different to those in the HD500?  Far as I know they are the same effects.  Is there a difference in how they are processed?

• 2 weeks later...