These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Valve

Where can I get a new FBV Express MK1 pedal in the U.K?
by rythmking24 on 2012-09-08 14:42:29

As the title suggests, I'm after a FBV Express pedal. I want the MK1 though, to match my MK1 Spider Valve. Can't find one anywhere online. Anyone know of anywhere in the U.K, or Europe where I can get one?

Cheers.

Re: Where can I get a new FBV Express MK1 pedal in the U.K?
by TheRealZap on 2012-09-08 19:42:25

the mkii works fine... i don't think you'll have much luck finding a new mk1, dont even see them much on ebay, used.

by rythmking24 on 2012-09-09 09:28:50

Right... Thanks for the response.

You say it works 'fine'. Is there any disadvanage to having the mk2 fbv with a mk1 amp at all? Or does the mk2 pedal do everything the mk1 does and more?

Am I also right in think you can use the fbv express mk2 with a Line 6 UX1 and POD farm? Because I have them, so that would be one advantage of having the mk2 over the mk1 fbv.

Cheers.

by TheRealZap on 2012-09-09 12:57:17

the mkii though has a huge advantage that it has usb and can be used to update newer amps (no advantage for you currently)

but the usb can also be used to control your recording software etc... when plugged into the pc.(AKA control pod farm for your ux1....)

but the mkii does 100% of what the mk1 did...

summary

the express is identical... +usb

the shortboard version has 1 or 2 extra buttons +usb

the shortboard mk1 does have a slightly bigger display that some prefer...

but in my mind... unless you have a deal on an mk1 with a great price.. .the mk2 is a no brainer.

by rythmking24 on 2012-09-09 14:30:55

Awesome

That's cleared things up for me. The MK2 Express it is!

Thanks a lot for the advice and info. Very much appreciated.

All the best mate...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.