These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: StageScape M20d Mixer Community Support

what's the easiest way to record and then burn a live show w/o having recording software installed on MAC
by joeycar on 2012-12-04 14:40:44

Just received my StageScape.  Have show next weekend. If I record show on SD card, what's easiest way to make demo CD if I don't own recording software package for my MAC?

Re: what's the easiest way to record and then burn a live show w/o having recording software installed on MAC
by M-Jay on 2012-12-05 12:08:05

Hello josephcaruso,

I might chime in here.

When you want to burn your live show with all effects made at that time be sure you record the main mix onto SD or USB stick.

This mix is recorded after your main volume, and I personally find it helpful to stop after each track and start the recording anew when a new track begins.

I would recommend a recording software named audacity nevertheless, it is free recording software you can control and normalize your mix with if it might be too quiet.

You can also cut the beginning and ending of your recorded songs if that has to be tweaked so that you get the beginning of the song if the next track starts.

You might try different free software audio solutions, but it is fine for me.

If another member of this forum recommends a better solution for this, go and figure it out.

You will find audacity here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Recordingall channels will keep all channels dry with no effects on the stick and you then will have to recapture them with your computer soundcard;

either with the 1/8" mini jack or with an adapter that fits your computer soundcard and the two main XLR outs on the Stagescape M20d.

If you playback all tracks and recapture your recording this way you can tweak the recorded stuff regarding effects to your likes afterwards,

but you will need extra time and a good soundcard for this.

Just my 2 cents, M-Jay

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.