Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to get feedback with HD500X without put the volume HIGH ! ... in a quiet room !

Segomil

Hi

How to get GUITAR feedback with the HD500X without put the volume HIGH !? ... just need feedback in a quiet ambience room !

Is this possible ?

Oh i have to mention that i have not been able to have any feedback even with HIGH VOLUME ! .. because i do not know how  :) 

HD500X  :) 

JTV69 HSS  -_- 

MONITOR ERIS 8 PRESONUS  :) 

thank you

I don't know what difference the JTV may make because I do not own one. But true feedback requires a loop. Volume is a good way to get a loop. So, a low volume will equal no feedback. 

But as mentioned, you can 'simulate' feedback. 

\

You could buy a little, and I mean little, amp and hang it on your mic stand around waste level to help create a loop while at low volumes. 

But practice with it. It will take some time learning to control it. 

Perhaps arislaf's suggestion above will work for your needs.

Otherwise, no, this is not possible. Feedback happens when the sound from the amplifier resonates with the physical strings on the guitar, so for true feedback to happen, the sound coming from the amp must be loud enough to physically vibrate the guitar strings.

The only other thing that might come close is something like a Fernandez Sustainer, but this would involve modifications to your guitar.

• Upvote 1

I do the same thing arislaf does. I use the pitch glide set to +12 pitch, and mix is assigned to the expression pedal with values 0 to 75. You can hear an example of how this sounds in my song Prime Vinculum (about 1:30 in).

• Upvote 1

I do the same thing arislaf does. I use the pitch glide set to +12 pitch, and mix is assigned to the expression pedal with values 0 to 75. You can hear an example of how this sounds in my song Prime Vinculum (about 1:30 in).

You sir have some awesome tones.

• Upvote 1

You could buy a little, and I mean little, amp and hang it on your mic stand around waste level to help create a loop while at low volumes. 

But practice with it. It will take some time learning to control it. 

Yes i can bought this Little amp but which one please ?

The best way I know to achieve this with the least amount of artificialness, is getting a Sustaniac pup.

These things give you infinite sustain and feedback @ any volume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6ZVou9eYnU - Jeff Loomis demo.

The Boss FB-2 is also designed for this purpose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNouWh0mCxM

• 6 months later...

Like the OP, I'd also like to be able to get controlled sustain/feedback at lower volume. Will the Boss FB-2 pedal's feedback control feature work on Variax modeled guitar tones (i.e. using the piezo pickup) with modeled amp tones through POD HD500x? If not, is there any feature in the POD that will deliver the desired result?

Like the OP, I'd also like to be able to get controlled sustain/feedback at lower volume. Will the Boss FB-2 pedal's feedback control feature work on Variax modeled guitar tones (i.e. using the piezo pickup) with modeled amp tones through POD HD500x? If not, is there any feature in the POD that will deliver the desired result?

I don't know if it will work with a Variax when plugged straight in. But there is no reason why it won't work if put in the FX Loop of the HD500. 

Can't believe nobody suggested using a compressor.

But how can a compressor do the trick if there is not enough volume to create the loop effect? 

And yes, that is an actual question. I am not too old to learn.The lack of a feedback is great when I am playing pop tunes with Stef, but sucks when I am on a rock stage. 

Using a compressor will create sustain/feedback at a lower volume by boosting the signal of the note as it tries to die off.  This is an Old School trick I've done for years.  When I had to play lower volumes but still needed the sustain/feedback for Santana tunes, I'd crank up the compression.  You still need some volume, just less.

Yes I'm that old...  I used to play Santana tunes when they were still kind'a new.

• 5 years later...