Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I reverse my registration or unregister my Helix

willc

I would appreciate a hint regarding registration

I want to use the Helix with my computer (to change and store tones/bundles/setlists). To use the Helix with the computer, I probably have to register the Helix e.g. through my Line6 account. The most important issue for me will be, whether or not I do get along with the software. I want to test it, but the shop told me, they would not accept a return, if the device is registered. So just in case, if I do NOT get along with the software.

Question 1: With my old PODX3L it was the Gearbox, what is the name of the according Software with Helix?

Question 2: Can I and how can I reverse the registration or unregister?

Question 3: Can I and how can I reverse a firmware if I need to update it before testing?

Please no guesses! Only if you know it.

Thanks much! 

1) The corresponding program that runs on your computer is called Helix.

2) yes. Click on your username in the top right portion of this page. Select My Settings. In the next page select Email and Password in the left column. In the next page select Registered Gear. Hit Remove in the far right column for the device registration you want to delete.

3) you use a program called Line 6 Updater.

Also, the editor is not out yet, but will be very very soon. so it's too early to evaluate how you will like the software.

I can tell you that I'm reasonably confident that most functions are far easier to navigate on the actual unit than they will be in a computer program.

Also, the editor is not out yet, but will be very very soon. so it's too early to evaluate how you will like the software.

I can tell you that I'm reasonably confident that most functions are far easier to navigate on the actual unit than they will be in a computer program.

Well I can't disagree with this yet because I don't have my Helix yet. And I have heard the Helix is a breeze to program and edit by touch. But I can tell you that if the Helix editor is made correctly this shouldn't be less easy to use versus hands on. I base this on the use of the Axe FX II editor, Kemper's Rig Manager, Line 6 Workbench and Gearbox among others. 

Well I can't disagree with this yet because I don't have my Helix yet. And I have heard the Helix is a breeze to program and edit by touch. But I can tell you that if the Helix editor is made correctly this shouldn't be less easy to use versus hands on. I base this on the use of the Axe FX II editor, Kemper's Rig Manager, Line 6 Workbench and Gearbox among others. 

Well, editor will have mouse control. on the unit, you have a joystick, 8 knobs, and 8 buttons (plus the 6 buttons on the six main knobs). getting from point a to point b in terms of programming, once you learn the unit... the Editor might be slower for some (most?) than the unit itself... but... no more bending over... YESSSS!!!!

I figure most computer and mouse literate folks will find the editor much faster Hamm. ;)  Besides that I noticed your setup has the Helix Rack unit sitting on the floor in a case.Im thinking if thats where you like it, it would speed up the work for you too... 

EDIT: Ups! I recognized that my post might have caused misunderstandings  (I didn't mean to say the guys who answered here are not experts, sorry!),  I changed the last sentence.

Thanks for your responses.

However I'm kind a confused now

Also, the editor is not out yet, .... so it's too early to evaluate how you will like the software.

If there is no Computer-Software out for the Helix, similar to the Gearbox for PODXT and X3, that would change the situation. 

Regarding the Computer Software I need 3 major functionality areas

1. Editiing Tones and Tone-Sets (this was not comfortable in the X3 device User-Interface, therefore I edited/created all tones in the computer and stored them to the device using the "put/get" "selected/all"  function). If the Helix Device User Interface for Editing is more comfortable now, that's nice, but not essential. I still might want to work on the computer, but I'll see.

My essential requirements are

2. Shuffling/copying tones/tone-sets to arrange my setlsts (I have one/two tone-sets per song, several hundred songs, and frequently changing setlists)

3. Storing tones/tone-sets and complete bundles/setlists on my computer drive as well as restoring it to the device (Helix) from the computer

Is there no computer Software (Win) functionality currently out for this with Helix?

I remember, when PODX3 came to market, it took Line6 almost one year to issue a revised Gearbox Software, which worked properly with the X3. If a similar situation occurs again now, that's what PeterHamm seems to say, than It might be better for me to wait and see what happens.

I would very much appreciate if someone could clarify

Thanks much!