Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PODHD500x, Strikethrough text on block 1

Shurdus

Hi all,

new user here, sorry if this has been posted before or is a stupid question.

On any patch I select, the display shows the seqeunce of effects used and shows the 1 through 4 in the bottom of the diplay right? Well my number 1 is shown in strikethrough text and I have no idea why. This is the case with the factory presets and every patch I make myself. Can some one help me get rid of this so the display is normal anain?

Thanks!

To clarify, the strokethrough text happens all the time not just edit mode. I turn the power on and the text is like that.

Thanks hurghanico I will try that. I am a noob and just got my POD recently. I am unfamiliar with it still. Can you point me to the relevant paragraph in the manual?

I expect this is a hardware malfunction in the LCD piece. If a firmware reinstallation does not fix it it sill probably need servicing. Open a support ticket to be sure.

However, unless the device is still under warranty, or it is causing a problem with the sound I would try to ignore it. It could be an expensive fix for a purely cosmetic issue.

Thanks for that fast response. I have warranty still. My pod is less than 3 months old. I made a support ticket just to be safe.

Something else I noticed. When I change amps the volume seems to vary a lot. It can be hard to just look for a sound because I have to adjust the volume all the time. Is this normal and a property of just switching amps or is this a flaw as well?

Here you go. It is like this everywhere. I just power up and it is like this for each and every patch.

Looks like a bunch of dead pixels to me. It's up to you of course, but if there are no functional issues, I'd leave it be...these screens ain't exactly hi-def, so it's not like your missing much.

Anyplace you take it for service, you're looking at couple of weeks minimum turnaround, and it could easily be longer. The odds of the shop having a replacement screen laying about is basically zero. You'll end up waiting for L6 to send them one, unless you send it back to the mother ship, then you're paying the freight, extra wait time for transit, etc etc.

Dude, a warranty = send that puppy in - its new and it shouldn't have that issue.  Whenever I do wait on stuff like that it will die the first month out of warranty be a 'puter, stove, etc.... and then it gets expensive.