Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Effect settings - save or just copy/paste?

themetallikid

Sorry for the easy question, but my Helix arrives today, editor is installed at home....and I've scoured the manual but don't seem to see anything that tells me this for sure. 

I know you can copy/paste effects within the same preset, and also from one preset to another.....but can we save block settings to recall later from within a new preset?  Meaning can I save a chorus with a name of 80's Chorus to recall later or would I have to find a preset that has that chorus sound, and then copy/paste?

It seems according to the documentation it only mentions copy/paste. 

You need to copy/paste. You can't modify/customize the stored model in the firmware library.

What I and others do is simplify the 'search' for the desired model settings by using a designated preset in the factory setlist called Templates. There I create a preset containing my favourite models and my preferred settings. I never actually use or listen to the preset. That way I always know where to find the desired model so the copy/paste operation takes minimal time and effort.

That's a clever approach Silverhead, and I will definitely use that idea.  My Fractal had the option in the editor to save custom blocks, so I could save several versions of the Amp block with different settings and then when I create a new preset, I would right-click, choose Amp and then see all the Amp Blocks I had saved to recall directly.  That could be a nice feature for them to add to the editor.  Really allowed me to create things from scratch

Sorry for the easy question, but my Helix arrives today, editor is installed at home....and I've scoured the manual but don't seem to see anything that tells me this for sure. 

I know you can copy/paste effects within the same preset, and also from one preset to another.....but can we save block settings to recall later from within a new preset?  Meaning can I save a chorus with a name of 80's Chorus to recall later or would I have to find a preset that has that chorus sound, and then copy/paste?

It seems according to the documentation it only mentions copy/paste. 

I know youve got it worked out, but what it sounds like you are asking is whether you can save multiple versions of a block or even "block presets"? or said yet another way, custom blocks?

Yes, the fractal editor allowed you to save each block in a preset with a specific name. For example, my 80's preset... I could save the chorus as '80s chorus', the amp as 'jumped Plexi', the delay as "80's lead delay".

Then when i create a new preset where id like that blocks settings, instead of hunting for the block with those settings to copy/paste, i could insert the block, then right-click and pull up pre-saved settings for that effect/amp/cab.

Its a minimal option, but is nice for recalling settings that may be uaed 8n different presets.

• Upvote 1