Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Multi color on one footswitch

kenwilcoxguitar

Hi,

I know how to change footswitch colors globally and individually but can't seem to find out how to get the half color to change to one solid color if I try to change it the left side (in this case red) will stay red and the right side changes color. Is there somewhere I am missing that can be set to split the color?

Thanks

Ken 

IMG_8345 copy 2.pdf

Hi kenwilcoxguitar,

Very interesting, I'd like to ask a couple questions to get a better understanding of the situation. 

HELIX floor unit?

Is this dual colored ring only on a particular foot switch or on any footswitch with a distortion block?

Which firmware are you currently running, and did you perform a factory reset after last installing firmware?

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Heh, very psychedelic. I would try upgrading to a more recent version of the firmware or maybe sticking with that one forever it looks so cool. Seriously though, it is not supposed to do that. Unless this is photoshopped I suggest you try upgrading the firmware, if that does not fix it I would contact Line6 there might be a problem with the LED rings. There is no "split-color" option on the Helix.  :)

• Upvote 1

Forgot to add its happening on a couple presets and showing solid colors on the same footswitches on other presets

Hmm, the fact that it is capable of showing solid colors on some/most presets certainly holds out excellent hope that perhaps you have some corrupt presets or maybe a firmware issue and not a hardware problem. If it is the presets I would love to see them so I can recreate this effect on my Helix.  :P

• Upvote 1

ok cool thanks for confirming. I didn't see anything in the manual for a "split-color"option. Ill try updating to the latest firmware and wee if that fixes it.

You are way behind on your firmware version so that is probably a good move(get backups first) but I would not be surprised if this is an issue with corrupt presets or presets created with an Editor that did not match the firmware. Recreating one of the affected presets from scratch might be a good test.

When you do upgrade make sure you have the correct Editor version to match whatever firmware version you go to. You are going to have to go through the interim firmware release 2.20 or 2.21 first before you can get to the latest 2.30 firmware. Make sure to pay close attention to the firmware release notes and update instructions. The 2.50 firmware is also ready to drop any day now so you have some work ahead of you to get on the latest and greatest. Well worth it though!  Again, make sure you get good backups every step of the way. I suggest getting bundles, setlists, and individual presets backed up but I am extra thorough that way. 

Btw, no pressure but if you feel so inclined please save off a backup of at least one of those split color presets and upload it to DropBox or attach it to a message. I am sure many of us would love to see if it does the same thing on our Helices and if so, why. Hopefully it doesn't permanently corrupt something but I find that highly unlikely.  :)

You could test if it's hardware related, booting your unit in test mode;

Turn ON the Helix while pressing FS 3 and 4, and when you see the Tests Menu, just scroll down with the joystick, to select the LED Test. Follow the instructions to complete (you basically press each FS to cycle between all status/color).

On paper, if you can't see that multicolor while testing, should not be hardware and probably it's just some quirk in the presets or the firmware installation...

IMG_4875.jpg

IMG_4876.jpg

IMG_4877.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 11 months later...
On 2/2/2018 at 6:27 AM, kenwilcoxguitar said:

ok cool thanks for confirming. I didn't see anything in the manual for a "split-color"option. Ill try updating to the latest firmware and wee if that fixes it.

Hello, I have the same problem for two weeks. Have you fixed it?

Best regards

On 2/1/2018 at 11:31 PM, HonestOpinion said:

You are going to have to go through the interim firmware release 2.20 or 2.21 first before you can get to the latest 2.30 firmware.

Why is that? The reason I ask is because I just upgraded to 2.71 from 1.6.x. Went fine. Is there something I don't know about updating firmware sequentially?

18 hours ago, JeremiahEdward said:

Why is that? The reason I ask is because I just upgraded to 2.71 from 1.6.x. Went fine. Is there something I don't know about updating firmware sequentially?

The post you refer to(Feb. 2018) may be only a historical curiosity by now and was specific to that firmware release. At the time it may have had something to do with how the upgrade would process user presets. The interim upgrade is probably no longer required by the newer firmware/editor versions  (e.g. 2.71) unless the firmware install notes explicitly indicate it. If you are not seeing any issues, everything is probably fine and no interim upgrade was required. Perhaps our resident expert phil_m can weigh in on this.