Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware 2.53 released; looks like it currently matches with HX Edit 2.52

HonestOpinion

The 2.53 firmware has just been released. This version was released to fix an issue that was causing certain users to have problems with the upgrade. I don't see a 2.53 version of HX Edit so I am assuming at least for the moment that the procedure to update will be to download and install HX Edit 2.52 and then upgrade to the 2.53 firmware. A little confusing because Line6's Frank Ritchotte put out a post earlier this week saying that if you already upgraded to the 2.52 firmware you would not need to do it again when the fixed version dropped. So probably don't need to do anything if you are already on the 2.52 firmware but not absolutely sure how to proceed here however given that the new fixed firmware version is 2.53 rather than 2.52(which makes sense). Should we folks who are already on the 2.52 version of the firmware upgrade to 2.53? I am certainly tempted.

The 2.53 firmware has just been released. This version was released to fix an issue that was causing certain users to have problems with the upgrade. I don't see a 2.53 version of HX Edit so I am assuming at least for the moment that the procedure to update will be to download and install HX Edit 2.52 and then upgrade to the 2.53 firmware. A little confusing because Line6's Frank Ritchotte put out a post earlier this week saying that if you already upgraded to the 2.52 firmware you would not need to do it again when the fixed version dropped. Not quite sure how to proceed here however given that the new fixed firmware version is 2.53. Should we folks who are already on the 2.52 version of the firmware upgrade to 2.53? I am certainly tempted.

I'm going to roll the dice and go from 2.52 to 2.53.  As an IT professional, I don't like being behind in version numbers even if it's for hot fixes that don't apply to me.  :)

Hi, What does this mean:

Known Issues:

• Shuriken Variax bank names will not appear in firmware until Helix is connected to a Mac/PC and Workbench HD is launched

To me this means that the various guitar/pickup models available on the Shuriken will not show up under the 'Variax Model' parameter on the Input block(when Variax is selected) until you actually connect the Shuriken to the Helix, and then connect the Helix to a Mac or PC and launch Workbench HD. Hopefully this action somehow updates the firmware and you don't have to do this every time you want to see the Shuriken models under the 'Variax Model' parameter. Don't own a Shuriken so I can't confirm that.

Note: One of the improvements in a recent firmware upgrade was to allow Workbench HD to operate via the Helix VDI connection rather than the old method which required you to use the VDI to USB adaptor that came with your Variax.

download and install HX Edit 2.52 and then upgrade to the 2.53 firmware. A little confusing because Line6's Frank Ritchotte put out a post earlier this week saying that if you already upgraded to the 2.52 firmware you would not need to do it again when the fixed version dropped. So probably don't need to do anything if you are already on the 2.52 firmware but not absolutely sure how to proceed here however given that the new fixed firmware version is 2.53 rather than 2.52(which makes sense).

Upgrade process is clear as mud, as usual.