Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Paying for Native ??

Joeleft

Hi

Recently purchased Helix floor and am so impressed am looking at buying Native to use with my Cubase system.

On looking at the L6 website, I can only find a US page to purchase this, with prices in dollars and including US sales tax.

Is there a UK page I am missing ?

Would rather pay in £ sterling than have the bank rip me off with charges !

Thank you.

Also be aware that Line 6 has run promotional discounts on Helix Native two or three times in the past year. Each time the discount was 30%! Thus, if you already own Helix Floor and would be entitled to Helix Native at $99 USD, during the discount promotional sale the discounted price would be $69 USD!

Not sure if this would apply to overseas purchases. Nonetheless, you may want to wait for the next Sale (whenever that may be). Then look into purchasing a license. Or see if you might be able to encourage a buddy or family member in the US to buy it for you while on sale as a Gift. The actual deliverable is the Authorizing License Number. This is used to activate the installation of Helix Native that you have on your computer. For instance, you could download the Helix Native Free Trial and subsequently opt to fully activate it with your License Number. You would have to check with your vendor, regarding their selling a license number if you were to purchase directly from an overseas territory. Either way, if the discount applies, you could save a bit by waiting for the next sale promotion.  

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, MusicLaw said:

Also be aware that Line 6 has run promotional discounts on Helix Native two or three times in the past year. Each time the discount was 30%! Thus, if you already own Helix Floor and would be entitled to Helix Native at $99 USD, during the discount promotional sale the discounted price would be $69 USD!

Not sure if this would apply to overseas purchases. Nonetheless, you may want to wait for the next Sale (whenever that may be). Then look into purchasing a license. Or see if you might be able to encourage a buddy or family member in the US to buy it for you while on sale as a Gift. The actual deliverable is the Authorizing License Number. This is used to activate the installation of Helix Native that you have on your computer. For instance, you could download the Helix Native Free Trial and subsequently opt to fully activate it with your License Number. You would have to check with your vendor, regarding their selling a license number if you were to purchase directly from an overseas territory. Either way, if the discount applies, you could save a bit by waiting for the next sale promotion.  

It DID apply to overseas orders too - missed out on the $99 for LT owners :(

PS - how you get around it... pay via PayPal - they convert it from $ to £ and you don't get bank charges - but VAT is added on

• Thanks 1

….so if I pay by PayPal I pay US sales tax AND UK VAT (another +20%) ?

Wow. :-(

So $99 is actually $142...or thereabouts (not converted to £...obviously).

Maybe I'll just plug the Helix into the line in on my Steinberg U242 interface. That's how I've got the HD500X to work best.

Line 6 charge UK VAT not US Sales Tax. My copy with a Floor was $119.99.

I paid with my Nationwide Credit Card as I always do for foreign transactions as they don’t charge a fee but at a rate of 1.42 at that time it was still a bargain. 

I suggest waiting for thanksgiving or black Friday in November as at least one of those will likely give a reduced price more than covering any card fees.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Rewolf48 said:

Line 6 charge UK VAT not US Sales Tax. My copy with a Floor was $119.99.

I paid with my Nationwide Credit Card as I always do for foreign transactions as they don’t charge a fee but at a rate of 1.42 at that time it was still a bargain. 

I suggest waiting for thanksgiving or black Friday in November as at least one of those will likely give a reduced price more than covering any card fees.

Yeah hoping they bring out the offer again for then. Bet it'll be $199 for the LT owners :(

Also, really hope they introduce a way to import presets between Native and floorboard - rather than individually having to export/import each preset.