Hello! I have the chance to buy a JTV-59 and I love the body style but I want to make sure that it has the same capabilities as the shuriken. Can anyone tell me if there are any differences other than body style?  

With the modeling there is ZERO difference.

The natural pickups differ though. 

Modeling is all the same, but some of the factory alt tunings are different. Doesn't really matter though, as you can create any alt tuning you want and save it to the guitar anyway. 

The factory Model choices are different. The 59 has a set of models common to the JTV series,

while the Shuriken has a mix of JTV models and Stevic McKay artist created models.

3 hours ago, psarkissian said:

The factory Model choices are different. The 59 has a set of models common to the JTV series,

while the Shuriken has a mix of JTV models and Stevic McKay artist created models.

Well poop . . . I always knew they came with different stock tunings but I had no idea the Shuriken actually had different modeled guitars.

Suddenly my life is again missing something.

1 hour ago, Kilrahi said:

Well poop . . . I always knew they came with different stock tunings but I had no idea the Shuriken actually had different modeled guitars.

Suddenly my life is again missing something.

Whow, has some custom made models that you can download from this site to instal them on 59. It is already existing models with different pickups only.

Those Artist models are for the Shuriken. 

Have to do some fancy Workbench work to get it to load into something else. 

Not certain that can be done.