Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Looking for a clean chorus patch

danteusa7

I just purchased an HX Effects. I'm having a hard time getting the chorus effect dialed in. I know everyone is going to have a different idea of what chorus sounds good to them - curious to see what settings you guys are using. Ultimately, what I'm kind of after is a cross between the clean intro in Dream Theater's "Pull Me Under" and the clean sound in Def Leppard's "Hysteria". I'd greatly appreciate it if you can share out your chorus settings if it sounds anywhere close to the clean guitar parts in those two songs.

8 minutes ago, brue58ski said:

Try the legacy chorus called Dimension. Turn switch 1 on and the others off. Then play with your mix. Better in stereo. Each switch (1-4) on it's own is a more intense chorus and you can combine switches.

Thank you - I'll try that!

Also, don't overlook that those tones that you are referring to were achieved with interesting mixes of chorus, delay, and reverb .. so .. you really need to dial in all three areas to get the tones your are looking for.

I have good results from all of the choruses but you do indeed need to tweak the knobs to your personal preferences.

Have fun, it's in there. 

• 2 weeks later...